Reload this Page >

VERONA - need help!

Search

VERONA - need help!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 10:45 PM
Italybound

VERONA - need help!

Is it walkable (will have 1 carry-on type luggage) from the train station to the centre historico? (I LIKE to walk) <BR> <BR>AND <BR> <BR>Hotel recommendations for a SINGLE room? Would prefer to hear from people who have actually stayed in SINGLE rooms, as they can be quite different from doubles. Any and all comments appreciated! Preferred rate is $60-80 for mid-April.

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 04:08 AM
Walter

No 1st hand experience but I'm going to Verona in early March. From the Porta Nuova train station to the Arena is just under 1KM actual walking distance. Again no 1st hand info but I received some positive info on this Hotel Giulietta e Romeo and booked it thru www.venere.com for 140,000L (~$70) for a single, the hotel looks to be under 100m North of the Arena. I have in my notes that there are buses from the station to the Arena (#11, 12, 13, 72, 73). I had a problem on the www.fs-on-line.com (Italy's train website) with Verona: It would give you a pull-down of the 3 Verona stations but you couldn't click-on any of them. So choose your station and go back to the "Timetable" and type it in, in my case it's Verona Porta Nuova. HTH Regards, Walter Name : Hotel Giulietta e Romeo <BR>Address : Via Tre Marchetti 3 <BR> 37121 Verona <BR>Email : [email protected] <BR>Fax n. : 045-8010862 <BR>Phone n. : 045-8003554 <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 06:54 AM
Patrick

I have walked it a couple of times, but without luggage. It's a straight shot so there's no chance of getting lost! With one bag you shouldn't have a problem. It's not a particularly charming walk, but not too gritty or unsafe either (unlike some cities' train station areas). Can't help on the room issue. Enjoy Verona; it's a wonderful city.

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 07:55 AM
Paul J

Yes, the walk from the train station is doable. We did it two years ago and we're seniors, albeit healthy, who walked from the station pulling two (2) wheeled carry-ons. No problem. <BR> <BR>You mentioned single rooms. We stayed at the Hotel Firenze. Very nice hotel. I checked it out for mid April and a single room is just under $100 US. Probably a little high for your requirements but a great value. Email me if you want more information. Enjoy your stay in Verona....Paul J

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 02:19 PM
Italybound

Wow! You guys have been really helpful! Thank you!