Reload this Page >

Vernazza Hotels, Help Please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Lindsey

I am looking for a nice place to stay in Vernazza in April. I have read numerous postings, but few mention any places that you can book ahead. Can anyone help me??????<BR>Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 08:45 PM
Kay

Lindsey,<BR>I don't think there are any hotels in Vernazza, only B&Bs and rooms. Try www.cinqueterre.it for info.<BR>Kay

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 04:46 AM
christi

Hi--Rick Steves Italy guidebook lists several hotels and pensions for Vernazza. That is what we used for our Cinque Terre trip, good luck!<BR><BR>Christi

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Catherine

Do not panic if you can not make an advanced reservation for rooms in Vernazza. I have been there several times and always found a room with one of the locals. There is a tradition of staying with families in a B&B type atmosphere. You may be approached when you get off the train, or you can walk down to the water and have a drink at Gianni's and ask them to recommend a place to stay. If that fails, Monterosso is just a quick trip away--it has much more to offer in the way of established hotels. <BR>Enjoy your stay, the Cinqueterra is a unique area.

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Edward

We stayed at Giovani Franzi near the square, sorry don't have phone number, maybe travel books do. Clean, has many rooms, also Rick Steves Inkeeper Sr. Sorriso runs a tight ship is close to the train station, 5 minute walk to the harbor.

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 10:58 AM
andrea

Catherine's advice is absolutely correct. Also, it is at Trattoria Gianni's where you inquire about rooms in the castle. It's about a 100 stair climb to most of the rooms, but sooooooo worth it! <BR><BR>I had a single room, charmingly decorated, with a balcony and a view of the sea, for $30. I loved it and would retrun there in a heartbeat. The only downfall is this is where Rick Steves books his tour groups quite a chunk of the season.<BR><BR>Gambero Rosso, right on the harbor next to Gianni's, is the best restaurant in 'town'.<BR><BR>Good luck and have a lovely trip.