Venice Water Taxi Dropoff Location

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2022, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Staying on the mainland near Marco Polo & plan to hire water taxi @ the airport to take us into Venice.
Will be taking the ATVO bus for the return trip to save some $$$'s.

Would like to maximize the water taxi ride to get the best views while on the water. What should we designate as our drop off point if we'd like to see the most while on the water?
Drop off near St Mark's and end our day at the bus stop, or is there a better drop off point that will give us a better views from the water?
Old Mar 11th, 2022, 09:22 AM

I know you didn't ask, but I highly suggest you stay in Venice rather than on the mainland. Venice is so much nicer at night when the crowds have dispersed. A highlight for us was visiting San Marco square and listening to the competing orchestras play and then wandering the quiet streets.
Old Mar 11th, 2022, 10:09 AM

I agree with KTravel about staying in Venice proper, but ask for San Marco drop off and walk back along the grand canal to the bus stop at Piazalle Roma.
Old Mar 11th, 2022, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KTtravel
I know you didn't ask, but I highly suggest you stay in Venice rather than on the mainland. Venice is so much nicer at night when the crowds have dispersed. A highlight for us was visiting San Marco square and listening to the competing orchestras play and then wandering the quiet streets.
This will be our 3rd time to Venice & previous stays were right off St Marks, which we loved for early mornings & evenings.
This time it’s the end of a long trip with early flight so staying right by the airport.
Old Mar 11th, 2022, 04:09 PM

Got it. I am glad you already got to experience Venice at its best. Have a fun trip!
Old Mar 11th, 2022, 07:17 PM

Just an FYI to others leaving early from Venice, the night Vaps will get you to Piazzalle Roma in plenty of time to beat the airline staffs to the airport when it opens! Yes, it might mean getting up at o'dark thirty.

Last edited by TDudette; Mar 11th, 2022 at 07:20 PM.