Reload this Page >

venice water taxi

Search

venice water taxi

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 07:46 AM
skott

venice water taxi

We want to take a water taxi to our hotel near the Palazzo CadOro from the airport, <BR>and wonder about sharing the expense.How many people will a taxi hold and how do they charge for different stops? We are a party of four.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 08:49 AM
Debbie

Skott, I always took the vaparetto because it was so much cheaper and really no difference except a few more stops. When I had inquired about sharing costs I was told they charge everyone separately so I am not sure how that would work. I would just ask when you arrive, they are both right there outside of the airport and rail station.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 08:53 AM
Bob

Above poster has good advice. Walk out from baggage claim and grab one of the boats, not the taxi. Easy trip and not the large expense of the water taxi. You can eat four great meals in Venice for what those sharks will hit you up for.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Judy

Alilaguna says that a shared taxi (taxi colletivo) costs IL45,000 per person, baggage included. I don't know how many people can share a taxi. Apparently, they do not charge per stop. I looked into this because as far as I can tell, the stop I need (Madonna dell'Orto) is a tedious and somewhat complicated trip from the airport after a long (from LA) flight and our hotel tells me that a private (not shared) taxi costs IL150,000. But we are only 2 people; with 4 people, a shared taxi would cost more than a private one. Also, I think your stop is a bit easier(or at least shorter)to get to -- I think you have to take the Alilaguna to San Marco and a vaporetto back to the Ca' d'Oro. I say "I think" because I've never been to Venice (but I'm going on Tuesday!). To be sure of the answer to a Venice question, I would try to ask Paulo.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 02:53 AM
sylvia

We usually get a bus to the Piazzale Roma and then a boat from there.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 10:06 AM
marj

Now that this was brought up, we are a family of 4 and planned on taking a taxi directly from airport to our hotel with no stops in between. We want to check into our hotel ASAP because i know my kids be a little bent out of shape after spending the night on the plane. will they charge us per person/child? From what i thought i had figured out, it will be about a flat rate of $75 (which seems to be par with Judy's info from the hotel). I also fugured the airport boat would charge per person so the taxi wouldn't be that much more. Is this correct? Thanks much.