Venice to Paris Question

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 06:16 AM
oldorch

Venice to Paris Question

What is the best airline and how much can I expect to spend for this newly added leg of my journey?? Still haven't locked a hotel in Venice. Read alot of posts. Any further suggestions. (in Venice)

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Rex

Flying between France and Italy is a problem, for which there is no one really good solution.

If your itinerary can accommodate it, you might consider cutting off one day (or more) from Paris, and spend a little time in Belgium. From Brussels, you can fly affordably to Venice on SN Brussels - - www.brussels-airlines.com - - but it's probably better to book through www.europebyair.com because you can get a reasonable one way fare of $99 (USD). If you're flying RT, then there is a slightly lower fare of about 175 € booking directly with the airline.

The train fare from Paris to Brussels is disappointingly high for such a short trip (about $70, I think), but you can easily amortize that by the less expensive lodging available in the many charming towns and cities of Belgium (Brussels is not at the top of that list).

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 09:14 AM
ttt

up, for oldorch

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 02:46 AM
jt

A couchette on the direct nite train saves you time and hotel money.

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 05:26 AM
oldorch

Thanks for the help. Decided to spend extra days in Florence and put the Paris plan to rest for this trip. (Although the couchette idea sounds like fun... if I only had more time...and money)