Venice to Bressanone train - difficult to reserve seats

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2023, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all, I tried to buy the tickets and reserve the seats for this train DB-OEBB EuroCity 82 (that is the only one that goes direct) from Venice to Bressanone/Brixen at Trenitalia website, but when I select it says “You will not be able to select your seat on this train”. When I read some websites like the Man_in_seat_61, I got the impression that you could reserve a seat for InterCity trains at Trenitalia website. The trip will be on a Saturday in Sep.

Can somebody please help. Or I have to buy with the Austrian Railways – OBB instead? Or any other suggestions? The other options have connections with Regional trains. Thanks
Old Jul 15th, 2023, 06:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Leifields, I found your train and tried to do a dummy purchase. When I pressed proceed I got a message in Italian which indicated that as it was a foreign service the price would be confirmed before I purchased the ticket. I carried on but stopped where I would set up the payment. The dummy purchase was for Monday so I suggest that you choose another date and try the same thing. Then I had a thought and just checked every Saturday in September and it said exactly the same thing. Are you using the Trenitalia app? THat's what I use and it was working ok.

When I booked a Freccia Train from Paris to Venice last year I booked that through Trenitalia and it was fine. Thinking back I remember that doing that on my laptop there was a help function which allowed me to connect with a real human being by email and he was very helpful - and in English. If you don't have any luck it may be that you will need to use the OBB site.
Old Jul 15th, 2023, 06:36 AM

Book it at www.Oebb.at for 25 EUR/pax
Old Jul 15th, 2023, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

Hi Annhig, thanks for your message and trying to figure out the issue of the ticket. I tried the Trenitalia app for doing the purchase and got the same: could buy the ticket but could not reserve the seat. So I ended up buying it from the ÖBB website.

Neckervd: thanks for your reply.
Old Jul 16th, 2023, 12:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad you found a solution, leifields. i hope you have a great trip!