Reload this Page >

Venice time saver

Search

Venice time saver

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Carol

Venice time saver

It appears that every hotel under $200 in Venice is already booked for the summer. I've tried at least 10. <BR><BR>How's Tierra del Fuego that time of year?

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Dale

CAROL:<BR>Email the Hotel Galleria and ask if their sister hotel, Albergo San Trovaso, is booked. It has seven rooms and is in Dorsoduro. I thought it was pretty good and was about $100 per night a couple of years ago.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 11:35 AM
zouaggie

I had better luck letting a company book for me. In fact, I got a hotel booked through Travel-italy.com that told me directly they were full.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 12:01 PM
xxx

Have you tried charmingvenice.com? You put a request for any hotel in your dates and any hotel that has a vacancy emails back...

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 12:11 PM
MK

Locanda San Trovaso website-<BR>www.locandasantrovaso.com

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Lesli

You might also want to try this website: http://www.venere.com/ <BR><BR>You put in your dates and the type of room you are seeking, and it will show you what is available and rates for same. You may then either book through the site or call the hotel direct. The selection is great at all price ranges, and there are links to photos, maps, etc - very useful!

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Deborah

Two summers ago we stayed at the Pensione Accademia. It was WONDERFUL! I would heighly recommend it. Also,try www.initaly.com They were very helpful with our hotel reservations to Florence this June. I was having the same trouble as well and they found a place for us that the hotel's website claimed was fully booked.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 04:44 AM
LE

Take a look at www.hotelmercurio.com It was recommended by folks living in Rome, and appears nice and a fair price.