Reload this Page >

Venice shops on Sunday

Search

Venice shops on Sunday

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2001, 06:56 AM
Novice

Venice shops on Sunday

I have moved my trip to next year, but I am hopeful that I can go to Italy. <BR> <BR>Thank you to all of the wonderful Europeans who expressed their sympathy for this terrible tragedy. <BR> <BR>If I am able to go to Venice, I will be there on a Sunday. I know what is open in terms of museums, but I would like to know if shops are open on Sunday and what there Sunday hours are. <BR> <BR>I will be in Venice from noon on Sunday to around noon on Monday. I plan to take the Doge's tour Monday morning, so if I could shop on Sunday, that would be good.

Old Sep 16th, 2001, 08:02 AM
richard j vicek

Good morning, "Novice"??? <BR>Beleive yoiu will find that a lesser <BR>number of stores will be open in the <BR>Pza S.Marco, less between the Pza and <BR>Rialto, some along the Rio Terra, Lista di Spagna leading from the Venice SL <BR>Station to the Ponte Rialto. Not all <BR>but a good number as Sunday is a day <BR>when many IT tourists come to visit. <BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il..

Old Sep 16th, 2001, 11:04 AM
zz-top

Novice: <BR> <BR>For your tour of the Doges Palace, consider going on the "Secret Itinerary" tour (see discussion thread). When I was in Venice, I went on a regular tour thru AMEX. Wasn't aware of this other option; it sounds interesting.

Old Sep 16th, 2001, 03:20 PM
Novice

Thank you Richard and zztop (one of my favorite bands as a youth!) <BR> <BR>So, there are some stores open on Sunday. That is good to know. And I was planning to go on the Secret Itn. tour of the Doge's palace. <BR> <BR>One more question, do any of you know if the American Express Gondola tours operate on Sunday evening?

Old Sep 16th, 2001, 04:04 PM
ricahrd j vicek

Good evening, Novice???? <BR>Do not know if American Express runs their gondola trips on Sunday, and am <BR>sure their office on the Sal San Moise <BR>is also closed... A Venice by night-Gondola Serenade Operates from <BR>March to October. Depature from Campo Santa Maria del Giglio :0715 to 0815PM. <BR>The Gondola Station is on the Grand <BR>Canal alonside the S.Maria del Giglio <BR>vaporetto stop.. takes about 50 minutes and according to www.travelvantage.com/tours_venice.html <BR>costs about $40.00 per person.. Too bad you put if off to next year , next couple of months, even up to mid November are our favorites in Venice. <BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il...