Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Venice-How crowded at Easter weekend and week following?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 04:01 AM
Vintage Joe

I'g generally a happy camper, but I get really uncomfortable with crowds and waiting in lines. In our week and a half scheduled, we are set on visiting Florence, Tuscan towns and possibly Italian Riviera. My wife (who has been to Venice) says I'll really regret omitting Venice---But I say that Our particular time slot will find Venice quite crowded--What do forumites say? Also, from Good Friday into the next week are there things that change--i.e. Restaurants closed or....... We do know that Easter Sunday and the next day some major attractions in Florence will probably be closed. Thanx to all

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 07:20 AM
Heather

When I was in Venice during the week prior to and through Easter weekend, it was packed full of visitors (at least 75% were Italian). However, the crowds still did not detract from enjoying Venice. We didn't have to wait in line anywhere -- even St. Mark's and the Palazzo Ducale. Also, we didn't really notice restaurants being closed on Easter. <BR> <BR>I had been to Venice before in March without ANY crowds and thought that it would be a problem (not a big crowd fan myself), but it wasn't even an issue.