Reload this Page >

Venice - hotels with a view

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 10:44 AM
natalie

Hello all. Any suggestions on Venice hotels with a view? Budget around E200, but we would pay more if it was worth it. If possible I'd prefer to book over the internet. Thanks for your help.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Wayne

Lots to choose from here. If a view of the big water is the view you are speaking about, you could go for any of the following: Metropole (my favorite); Savoia & Jolanda (probably the lowest cost in that area); Paganelli (good view but somewhat farther from St. Marks, and a reasonable cost); La Calcina, also lower in cost and on the Giudecca Canal; Pension Wildner (right in the Grand Canal action, lower cost); and in the more deluxe category---Bauer, Gritti Palace, Danieli, Londra Palace, Cipriani.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Book Chick

Also Locanda Sturion, but only some rooms, not all. Lovely hotel, but no elevator; the grandeur of the 60 marble steps makes up for it IMHO. Good service, and a nice location within Venice.<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 09:58 AM
dora

thanks, wayne. do you have an idea of the prices for metropole, or savoia & Jolanda? I was quoted 310/nite for the savoia! ever heard of villa la rondini outside of florence or the garden in sienna? thanks for your help.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Mariarosa

Hi Natalie!<BR><BR>Try to get a room with a Grand Canal view at the locanda Leon Bianco (www.leonbianco.it). Lovely rooms and hosts and it's much less than E200.<BR><BR>However, it doesn't have an elevator (must schlep luggaage up a couple of flights), doesn't have A/C (not a problem unless you're going in the summer), and the shower was small. Otherwise, I thought it was a great recommendation from Fodorites.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 02:52 PM
karen

Natalie,<BR><BR>I am leaving shortly for Venice and am staying at a new pensione called Locanda Barbarigo. They say there is a nice view (one Vaparetto stop over from San Marco), so I will report back when I return.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 03:00 AM
kavey

If you are looking for a less expensive hotel with a pretty view we just stayed in the Violino d'Oro not far from S Marco.<BR><BR>Location was perfect because we were near so many vaporetti stops along the waterfront by Piazza S Marco, also very close to Giglio stop and not far from Accademia bridge.<BR><BR>Our room looked out on two sides over the Campo San Moise and Campiella Bozzi (really the same square, cut by the canal but joined by a bridge) and of course the Rio S Moise canal.<BR><BR>The bridge was often busy with people looking down at the gondola stand right below our window. We could often listen to the serenading group gondola tours departing or arriving back.<BR><BR>There were often buskers, singers and musicians playing infront of the spectacular church san moise.<BR><BR>We had room 103, a corner room, reasonable size (to my European mind), pretty decor, and a large bathroom, (shower no bath), adapted for disabled visitors so a little more spacious than other standard rooms.<BR><BR>I booked this hotel through a deal just before leaving my job at a UK tour operator but the receptionist explained our room was usually around 150 to 200 Euros in mid to high season.<BR><BR>It was not a 4 star hotel, you couldn't get the room done over by house keeping in the afternoon or such, but staff were very helpful and friendly, rooms were pretty and cleaned well and the location was superb.<BR><BR>And the view, whilst not of the grand canal, was lovely to enjoy when returning to the room for a rest before going out for dinner.<BR><BR>Kavey

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 07:58 PM
toni

Karen, have you gone on your trip? How was the Locanda Bararigo? We may be staying there. Toni

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 12:14 AM
Gloria

I'm also going to Venice but I'm staying @ Luna Baglioni. Has anyone got a opinion about this hotel?? Thanks!

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 01:16 PM
dawn

hey Glo - do a search on the Baglioni.<BR>I've written my comments before. I had a great view.