Reload this Page >

venice hotels in september 2002

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 05:11 PM
jim

we will be traveling via train through italy the first 2 weeks in september. we are set to overnight in venice on september 8&9. <BR><BR>i found out about a film festival going on that will fill many hotels.<BR><BR>can you offer suggestions on where to stay in venice (not too far from the train station)our budget is to keep hotel costs at $200.00 per night. our requirements are simply that we want a private bath,air conditioning and an easy location for walking around venice. <BR><BR>we tend to dine and walk among the locals. we avoid museums. stop in churches only to pray.<BR><BR>one hotel has been recommended called the kette for about $200.00 per night.<BR><BR>thanks,<BR>jim

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 06:02 PM
Barb

Jim--I found a place called Hotel Ca' d'Oro in the Cannaregio district, not too far from Rialto Bridge. I'm booked for late March. It's a 3 star and seems to have a pretty good location; my reservation is for a standard double room, buffet breakfast and taxes included, for 145 euros.(about $131) Their website gives more info: www.hotelcadoro.it

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 06:34 PM
Rex

&lt;&lt;not too far from the train station&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>is not a synonym for<BR><BR>&lt;&lt;an easy location for walking around venice&gt;&gt; - - in my opinion.<BR><BR>Are you sure that the Venice Film Festival will still be "on" when you arrive on Sunday, September 8? I think it always concludes on a Saturday - - at least it did for 2000 and 2001.<BR><BR>Even if it is concluding, I suspect that rooms will be tight and priced at a premium. So, it is certainly not too soon to try to get booked where you want.<BR><BR>If you do have an option to book the Kette for $200 (USD?) a night, you might want to grab that - - it appears to be a "below-market" price. The website www.venere.com lists 335 euros for those dates, as I check it right now. I don't know the Kette personally, though it is at a good location (not all that close to the train station) - - and not far from Hotel Ala (see more info below on Ala).<BR><BR>The Ca d'Oro, listed by Barb, is priced there at 210 euros per night, and another worthwhile choice - - Hotel Ala - - is listed only slightly more at 230 euros.<BR><BR>I can solidly recommend the Bonvecchiati - - though at 280 euros, it is a bit above your price range.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 02:52 AM
george

We stayed at the hotel Tre archi last september .we got the price of $180 by an italian operator e-mail: [email protected]

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 08:18 AM
Wayne

Jim---<BR>A good area that meets your requirements in terms of "fairly close to the train station" and yet easy to walk to other parts of Venice, is the part of Venice called Santa Croce. A nice little hotel there with A/C and private baths is the Basilea, with rooms well below your $200 limit as of this past summer. Phone is 39-0417-18477.

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 12:06 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Jim as Rex suggested<BR>the Kette would be a good choice it is<BR>located less than two blocks west of the<BR>Pza S. Marco and off on a small queit<BR>calle to the right of the S. Moise Bridge. The Ala is about three blocks<BR>west of the Pza S. Marco and a few meters from the S. Giglio vaporetto<BR>stop.. Stayed at the Ala twice in past<BR>years was a satisfactory hotel.....<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il.<BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 01:36 PM
Keith

I recommend the Hotel Campiello, their E-mail is [email protected] or www.hotelcampiello,com. We stayed there two nights in November, just steps from San Marco square on a side street almost next to the hotel Danieli. Very quite and cost us $120 per night. You'll be in the 'season' so I would think it will cost you more. Ask for room 316. Enjoy!

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 11:33 PM
Anne

George - Could you let me know what Hotel Tre Archi was like as we have booked but seems to cheap to be good.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:22 AM
george

Hi Anne,<BR>At the beginning we have thought it was too cheap for Venice, but we had no choice. Instead it was clean, nice and the persons pleasant.Furthermore it is near the station. I don't know the official price because we booked by the operator, probably they collaborate.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 11:15 PM
Anne

Thanks George for info on Tre Archi. We have booked for 21 nights as thought we could use it for a base and have a few overnighters. Know where it is as but we usually stay at Ai Due Fanali in Santa Croce. Feel a bit happier now after reading your answer.<BR>Ciao

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 05:07 AM
nick

try to art deco hotel in venice. close to accademia bridge and vapporattto.<BR><BR><BR>its a new hotel. I went last year, and it was about $100 per night! Bargain. And such a great location, cute hotel. You must check it out.<BR><BR>Do a search on yahoo, they have a website. If you can't find it, email me, and I will send you all the info.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 11:18 PM
Anne

Jim, We spent the first week of Carnivale at the Kette last February and hated it. Our room was depressing and couldn't get a table at breakfast and when we finally did couldn't get served. Guess it depends on when you go.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Lee

My favorite moderately priced hotel in Venice is the Savoia and Jolando....located next to the Danieli at the entrance to the Grand Canal and about 3 minutes to San Marco Square. It's very convenient at the San Zaccario stop in right in front of the hotel.<BR>

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 08:34 AM
topper

Topping for Bethany

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 08:57 AM
zz-top

Nick's suggestion sent me on the hunt and from website, 'Art Deco Hotel' looks like a good value. http://www.hotelartdeco.com/<BR>I did notice the only photo they have is of the reception area, which I'm leary when they don't provide pics of rooms. However if it's as Nick describes, a new hotel, perhaps they're just getting off the ground. Might be a good opportunity.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Jeanette

I have reservtions for Hotel Ala for 3 nights in March. I thought it was expensive at 250 Euro (double), but after seeing the prices, I guess it's okay. Agree?