Search

Venice Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 11:57 AM
marijo

Venice Hotels

Looking at two hotels for 2 nights in Venice...the Concordia can offer a delux room with a view overlooking St. Mark's Square, the Giorgione also has a delux room (probably no view) but the rate is about $100 less per night! Does the view/convenience justify the cost? Comments from anyone who has stayed at either hotel? Thank you!

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 12:02 PM
stephanie

We just booked a room in Venice at the Hotel Galleria for May 2001 for $81/night. It is right on the grand canal and our room overlooks it. It was highly recommended by many of our fellow fodorites (and thanks to all of you who replied to our post!). You should check out our post "Vote for which recommended hotel in Venice to book" - people offered great advice.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 06:25 PM
Dona

marijo, <BR> <BR>I have looked into both hotels while I have been in Venice. The Concordia really is right on Piazza San Marco - and I'm not so sure that is a great thing. It is convenient - and can be very noisy and crowded. The Giorgione is a lovely hotel but a bit off the beaten path - in a more residential community. I like that... And Venice is not that big - nothing is too far away... <BR> <BR>I haven't seen the Galleria but it definitely sounds like an interesting choice... <BR> <BR>Have a great time... <BR> <BR>Dona

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 06:25 PM
Dona

marijo, <BR> <BR>I have looked into both hotels while I have been in Venice. The Concordia really is right on Piazza San Marco - and I'm not so sure that is a great thing. It is convenient - and can be very noisy and crowded. The Giorgione is a lovely hotel but a bit off the beaten path - in a more residential community. I like that... And Venice is not that big - nothing is too far away... <BR> <BR>I haven't seen the Galleria but it definitely sounds like an interesting choice... <BR> <BR>Have a great time... <BR> <BR>Dona

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 07:04 PM
Diane

We're booked into Locanda Leon Bianco for May 2001. Near Rialto Bridge, breakfast served in room with view over Grand Canal. About $120 night. Looks delightful, people are wonderful to deal with.

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 03:57 PM
sandy

The Giorgione is a family-run hotel, not far from the Rialto bridge. You walk through some real neighborhoods to get there. The people are friendly, the rooms are fairly large, and they serve a full American breakfast buffet.

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 05:04 PM
Kimerley

Hi, I have a booking at the Hotel Galleria also for July 2001. There best room overlooking the canal for 3 people (a bed each!) for 300.000 lire a night.We are staying for 3 nights Includes breakfast and taxes. Recommended on this sight.