Search

Venice hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 07:12 AM
Beth

Venice hotels

I am planning a Europe vacation for June, 2001. Already several of the Venice hotels recommended by people on this board (specifically the pensione accademia) are booked! I was reviewing the hotels recommended by Fodor's -- has anyone stayed at the San Moise or teh San Cassiano ca Farretto? I need to stay under 300,000 lira if possible. Thanks in advice for suggestions.

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 07:18 AM
elaine

the San Moise has been often praised here. I haven't stayed there but can vouch for its outstanding location. <BR>This is one comment from this forum that I had copied into my Venice notes: <BR>" I stayed at a beautiful small hotel a three minute walk from San Marco in July. The rate was $120 per night. I loved it (although it didn't have a view to speak of-but the rooms were beautiful; antiques, silk wallpaper,etc.)" <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 08:17 AM
DougD

Beth, my wife and I stayed at the hotel Galleria, a tiny one star hotel in a fabulous location. It was 180,000 a night, including breakfast in your room. I would recommend it to anyone on a budget. The rooms are quite small, but many are on the grand canal. The location is right at the foot of the Academia bridge. This is a very pleasant area, not too zooey, but still in the heart of the city.

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 09:02 AM
Will

Check out the Locanda Sturion right at the Academia Bridge. Very nice, only drawback is lots of steps from street level to hotel level. Worth the climb though. Search the web for Venice hotels and then Locanda Sturion and it should show up. At least a 3 star property.

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 09:22 AM
Susan

Check out the Hotel Paganelli, right on the Grand Canal, next to Vivaldi's church just minutes from St Mark's Square. Don't remember the price, but it was small and perfect.