Venice - Hotel recommendations ?

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 07:08 AM
Cher

Venice - Hotel recommendations ?

Need hotel recommendations for Venice around the first of October. <BR> <BR>Currently looking at: <BR> <BR>Pensione Accademia and Hotel Agli Alboretti. <BR> <BR>Has anyone stayed at one of these hotels or do you have any other recommendations?

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Anne

Cher, <BR>We stayed at the Alboretti in July last year. There were 4 of us that were well accommodated. Their resturant is quite lovely as well. The Pensione Accademia was across the street, if memory serves me correctly. We had looked into staying there first, but their old section was booked, but their newer rooms were available. You'll love the location of either, since it's off the beaten track and feels very much like a neighborhood. San Marco is a ten minute walk away. <BR> <BR>Have Fun! <BR>Anne

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Tina

I think you'd enjoy either of those hotels. Pensione Accademia generally gets good reviews from folks on this site. <BR> <BR>I stayed at Hotel Galleria, which is about 1 block from the Hotel Agli Alboretti. I peeked in their lobby & thought it seemed like a pleasant spot & would consider it on a future visit. Agli Alboretti is conveniently located close to Accademia Bridge (& Accademia vaporetto stop). <BR> <BR>Hotel Galleria is a smaller hotel & a good value -- but very much a budget accommadation.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 02:35 PM
kal

Hello, If your suggestions don't pan out, we stayed at the Hotel Panada and found it quite nice. <BR> <BR>Just about 3-4 turns away from San Marco.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 04:20 PM
kathy

If you are even considering Accademia Pensione I suggest you book NOW!!! We booked the First week in August for the First week in May. By the end of August the place was completely booked for May.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 04:25 PM
gluck

Kathy, thank you. You may just have saved our trip to Venice next year. August for May??? YIKES!!!!

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 05:45 PM
kathy

Glad I could help. Send me an e-mail in June and I'll let you know how it was. <BR> <BR>kathy