Reload this Page >

VENICE ENTRANCE FEE

Search

VENICE ENTRANCE FEE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 05:33 AM
MH

VENICE ENTRANCE FEE

I just read this in today International Herald Tribune..."Venice Italy: Tour groups making their way to Venice will be charged just toenter the fabled lagoon city, with a new entrance fee toll aimed at making visitors share the cost of the city's upkeep.Any bus carrying more than 16 passengers will have to pay up to 150 euros($131.50) for a single day" from wire reports.<BR>I posted this because alot of travelers use tour groups and this fee will certainly be factored into the cost of the tour. It is only a matter of time before they start charging a toll for cars with non Italian tags on them...

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 07:12 AM

ttt

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 07:14 AM
xxx

what next?....visitors should help pay the upkeep...what the hell are taxes for?

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 07:15 AM
xxx3

Isn't Venice also instituting some sort of compulsory museum pass that's aimed at crowd control? It's tough to be too popular!

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Joanne

There's another thread on this subject--saw it yesterday but couldn't find it today or would have topped it. <BR><BR>The blue/orange Venice cards aren't compulsory at this point. In fact, you can't even buy them on the net yet. We will be in Venice shortly and had planned to use the Venice cards, but after reading several negative posts on the forum will now only purchase ACTV cards.<BR><BR>Apparently Venice is "loved too much" and something had to be done. It's the daytrippers that officials feel are causing the biggest problem, therefore the entry fee for buses. Gather they feel this will impact bus/cruise visitors there for just the day.<BR><BR>If I run across the other thread I will top it.<BR><BR>j

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 07:54 AM
Sally

I'm all for it!! They do nothing but interfere with normal activities. <BR><BR>I hope that do the same thing in Prague.<BR>There, all you see there is hordes of tour guides holding an umbrella up high making walking along a sidewalk almost impossible.