Search

Questions about the Swiss Museum Pass and Swiss taxi

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about the Swiss Museum Pass and Swiss taxi

Hi folks,

1) I am going to purchase the Swiss Flexipasses for my family for transportation in Switzerland. I have a question about the Swiss Museum Pass that comes with the Swiss Flexipass. If we use the Swiss Museum Pass to gain a free admission to a museum on a day that we don't use the rail or travel at all, does it count as a flexiday?

2) We are a family of 3 adults and we would be traveling with 2-3 big pieces of luggage, and 2-3 piece of carry-on bags. In the cities of Basel, Lucerne, Bern, Lausanne, and Geneva, can we fit in one taxi with all those luggage? Are there taxis in van size in switzerland? (Some of the hotels might be a bit far from the train stations, and in case it rains, we might need to take a cab)
Thank you.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 11:33 PM

1) It doesn't count as a flexi day. Btw, even days between the flexi days the Flexi Pass counts as Half Fare Card which gives you 50% discount on transportation.

2) Y'all should fit in one taxi with your luggage. Nobody can say in advance if there will be a van taxi available right at that moment, but usually the taxis are big enough for 3 adults and 3 big bags, as long as you can put the carry-ons on your legs ... But seriously, I would take public transportation. From my experience buses and trams run everywhere in Switzerland, even to the farthest hotel from the train station (if it's not in totally isolated location in the countryside).
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 02:10 AM

There is no shortage of big van taxis in Basel. Many times, when my company calls a taxi for me (just heading home after working late) a big Mercedes Vito van pulls up. Too big for one passenger with no luggage, but that's the luck of the draw. The downside is, those taxis don't hang around the Basel SBB train station. I don't know why, but the majority of taxis around Basel SBB are small cars of the Opel Corsa variety. If you want a big taxi, it's best to book it. I can give you some taxi contact numbers for Basel. You don't have to book far ahead...just give them a call a few hours before arrival.
Old Jun 6th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Ingo and FoFoBT for your valuable replies, really appreciate it. FoFoBT, would you give me the taxi contact just in case? Thank you.
Old Jun 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM

Actually, I must correct myself. 1) It *does* count as a Flexi Day. Sadly so. Just saw it on the swisstravelsystem.ch website.