Venice airport to Westin

Old Sep 9th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice airport to Westin

I've been told that we can take the train from the airport to a certain stop and then take a vapore to the Westin. Can anyone help with stop name (cost of train) and which vapore stop goes to Westin?
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 06:31 PM

Hi taya,

I don't think there's a train from the Venice airport. You can either take a bus to Venice and then a vaporetto or take the Alilaguna boat (10Euro) to San Marco and then either walk or take a vaporetto. Your hotel will tell you which is the closest vaporetto stop. Once you know where your hotel is located you will be able to choose the best option for getting from the airport. Sorry, I don't know where the Westin hotel is located in Venice.

adrienne
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 06:44 PM

I'm assuming that you're staying at the Westin Excelsior on the Lido. Did you ask whether they'd make arrangements for your pickup? Of course it will cost you, but with luggage it may be worth the expense.

The other much cheaper options are taking the six person shuttle boat that goes from the airport to Piazza San Marco. This is about a 25-30 minute ride. From Piazza San Marco, you would then need to take the vaporetto out to the Lido, which is about a 15 minute ride. There's also a bus that leaves from the airport to mainland Venice, but I don't know the exact destination. If none of these appeal, you can take a private water taxi from the pier in back of the airport. These are expensive, but again, with luggage, may be worthwile. We paid about $80 last year for the four of us to go from the airport to our hotel on the Lido.

Good luck, and have a great trip!
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

Weadles. We are staying at the Regina and thank you for the suggestion I had not considered asking the hotel.
Old Sep 10th, 2003, 06:07 AM

Just stayed at the Regina last month. They can arrange a motor launch for you, it was 60E (total for 2 of us) in total with no extra charge for luggage - and we had 2 HUGE bags. Totally worth it. Email the hotel and they'll make all the arrangements for you. Have a great time! It's a wonderful hotel.