Reload this Page >

Venice Airport by Vaparetto

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 03:59 PM
jparis

Has anyone taken the Vaparetto from Venice to the airport? It is a lot cheaper than a private water taxi, but I was wondering how long the trip was and where it landed and how far was the airport from where the boat drops you? thanks

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 04:23 PM
elvira

Boat drops you right at the airport, just like a cab stand. Depending on where you start, it can take an hour.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 04:48 PM
June

To add to the previous post - We travelled on the vaperetto to the airport last year. The one we got made limited stops (only three) so it may not be convenient from certain hotels. We were lucky as one of those stops happened to be almost outside our hotel. I can't remember how much we payed, but it was very much cheaper than a private water taxi.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 04:51 PM
richardjvicek

Good evening, jparis <BR>"The Boat Bus "Vaporetti" to Venice S. Marco leaves every hour (4am/0am). The trip takes 75 mins and the fare is about <BR>$8. USD" . see www.itwg.com/airports.asp. <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, Il..

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 03:28 AM
Gordon R

One thing to watch out for is that, as Richard said, the boat only leaves once an hour. Depending when your flight gets in, you may have rather a long wait. The other problem is that there may be more people and luggage) waiting than the boat can carry. tickets are not sold for a particular service. We were lucky enough just to get on, but many other people in the queue did not. That said, it's a perfect (and relatively economical) way to arrive in Venice.

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 04:51 AM
Walter

I've only used the Airport boat bus but there is another option. The regular (with wheels bus service from Piazzale Roma to the airport. If you had a problem there (crowds) I'd assume there is also a taxi queue. Check-out this site for some info http://goeurope.about.com/travel/goe...-transport.htm HTH Regards, Walter <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 06:27 AM
Paulo

The cost of the water taxi depends on one's bargaining power. Lit 110,000 should be the bare minimum. The Alilaguna (boat) bus costs Lit 17,000/pax, ACTV Bus #5 costs Lit 1,500/pax and the ATVO bus (direct) costs Lit 5,000/pax.<BR><BR>The water taxi takes about 40-45 minutes. The water bus, as Walter informs, 75 minutes and the ACTV and ATVO buses, about 15 minutes.<BR><BR>If nothing has changed recently, the timetable should be the following from Monday through Saturday (on Sundays, frequencies are reduced)<BR><BR>ATVO buses depart from Piazzale Roma at 5:20, 6:00, 7:00, 7:45, 8:55, 9:15, from 10:20 to 18:20 every half hour, 20:30.<BR><BR>ACTV bus #5 also depart from Piazzale Roma at 4:40, 5:40, 6:15, 6:40, from 7:40 to 20:40 every half hour, and every hour thereafter to 0:40. <BR><BR>The Alilaguna boat departs San Marco every hour, from (roughly) 4:30am to 10:30pm.<BR><BR>Paulo

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 10:13 AM
jparis

Thanks guys!! You are so amazing - I really appreciate (as I am sure all the other people who read this are) all the effort you give to help your fellow travelers!!