Search

Venice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Robert Martin

Venice

I have reservations at Accademia from May 3 - May 8. Any comments on this hotel. This is my first visit to Venice. Also, I would appreciate any tips on nice restaurants for dinner.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Kay

I would try a search. I have read a lot of positive feedback on this site about the Accademia.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 08:37 PM
ron

what is nice. price or ambiance. If you like some crowds and great food at reasonable price don't miss madonna near the rialto bridge. try the fish of course and the mixed vegies are great

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 05:00 AM
elaine

Robert<BR>You were lucky to get a reservation at this very popular place.<BR>I don't think I've ever read a bad comment about the Accademia.<BR>It is recommended often on this message board and in many guidebooks. As suggested, you could search for past comments. My trusty "Cheap Sleeps in Italy book" said that it "offers charm and serene beauty at prices many can afford." It was the setting for the fictional pensione in the old Katharine Hepburn film "Summertime" which took place in Venice, although the views in the film do not match entirely with the actual views from the real Accademia.I walked by it last fall and loved the neighborhood.<BR>It's hard to recommend restaurants without knowing your budget. How expensive can "nice" be?<BR>I have a long file on Venice; if you'd like to see it, email me.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 02:59 PM
mary kay

Hi, Robert: You will love the Accademia in Venice! We (2 couples) stayed there in October 2001. A lovely hotel with a lush inner courtyard, exceptionally helpful front desk staff, lavish breakfast buffet (eggs, many varieties of breads/croissants, cereal, etc. It is on a quiet side canal. Nice neighborhod; easy to get to the tourist places. The rooms were lovely. Two upholstered easy chairs, minibar, tv, phone, writing desk along with the very comfy queen size bed. The bathroom was absolutely sparkling clean. We regret we were only in Venice two nights. Hope you enjoy your stary. I would definitely stay there again. <BR><BR>Mary Kay