Reload this Page >

Vegetarian in Venice

Search

Vegetarian in Venice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Pam

Vegetarian in Venice

Can anyone suggest any good (and reasonably priced) places for a veggie to eat in Venice?

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 03:15 PM
1 little idea

The ready made up sandwiches in various sidewalk cafes & stand up coffee 'bars' are my favorite thing to eat in Venice. Roasted vegetable (eggplant etc.) is common; also hard boiled eggs and sliced tomatoes (if you do eggs). You can just point them out in the case and eat them standing up or have them served sitting down (costs a bit more) with a glass of wine.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Tim

There's seafood risotto everywhere. <BR><BR>My advice: Go for the Pizze Napolitano (dried tomatoes, anchovies, olives, capers).

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Book Chick

If you eat fish or seafood, this shouldn't pose any kind of problem, as it's in ample supply in Venice.<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio & Buon Appetito,<BR>BC

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Marco

"Reasonable places to eat in Venice". Hahahahaha.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 12:40 AM
Tim

There's seafood risotto everywhere. <BR><BR>My advice: Go for the Pizze Napolitano (dried tomatoes, anchovies, olives, capers).

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Mariarosa

We enjoyed our meal at a veggie restaurant called La Zucca. The pumpkin flan appetizer was great!<BR><BR>La Zucca <BR>Calle del Tintor, 1762 Santa Croce <BR>Phone: 041/524-1570

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 11:46 AM
jt

Doesn't Zucca fail the "reasonably priced" criteria by a mile? They have a website so you can check (BTW, flan=eggs).<BR><BR>There is a more moderate looking mideast restaurant around N. side of Campo S. Polo displaying it's rating by the "Vegetarian Europe" book (see).<BR><BR>Many pizza's are available with grilled veggies (no eggs in crust and cheese optional). There's one fast food pizza chain place west of S. Marcos which not only has spacious seating but salads, fruit salads, and fresh squeezed red-oranges (pizza not so good).<BR><BR>"Manhattan Pizza" takeout joint N. of C. Santa Margherita has a long list on the wall of pizzas it will make for you, with variations of spinach, etc. that to me taste better than more gourmet looking places.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Dianne

Doesn't Zucca fail the "reasonably priced" criteria by a mile? <BR><BR>Probably, but on our third visit to Venice this past Spring, we had our first, and definitely not our last, amazing meal at La Zucca. <BR><BR>You can eat reasonably if you don't order too many dishes, something we couldn't resist since everything sounded so good. <BR><BR>The pumpkin flan and asparagas with cheese were highlights for us.<BR><BR>