Vat refund processing fee?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I got back from Italy a month ago. Bought 3 handbags and got E150 refund checks. I cashed it as a downtown global refund office. They took imprint of my credit card incase I dont send refund stamped checks bak they would charge entire amount they paid me on that. So They gave me cash in full and said all I have to do is get customs stamp at last europen airport. I did that got customs stamp and mailed it at airport. All done! Today I notices there is a charge on my credit card for $75 as "VAT Late Fee" Dont know what it is about. Is it a processing fee ? or they have not yet recieved my tax refunds back so they penalising me? Please help!Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 02:33 PM
ira

Hi Jv,

Your lucky that you got anything at all.

Still waiting for VAT refund from 1987.
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 02:46 PM

I've never been charged a VAT refund fee unless they deduct it before I'm given the total amount of refund. My credit card is usually credited within 30 days.

I didn't understand the part about refund checks. I either get cash (in &euro or credit given on the card.

It's always nice to see a credit on your credit card statement after all the shopping is said and done.
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I know Iam lucky to get any money after reading so many who havent recieved anything even after months. My only scare is what if they keep charging $70 every month on my crediate card as late fees because maybe they have not recieved my refund checks back. I called my credit card company they said they cannot dispute it because its not merchandsie. Wrote to global refunds ustomer service but no replies. Any input will be appreciated.
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 06:40 PM

You are lucky. Back in 2000 I recieved my VAT check from Ireland and it bounced!! My hubby and I still laugh about it to this day, the counrty of Ireland (or is said so on my check) bounced my 70.00 Vat check refund. Crazy!