Search

VAT Refund

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 11:09 AM
Dee

VAT Refund

Thought I'd try this questions again. Does anyone know if there is a time limit on VAT refunds? I have several from a trip I made late in 2000, and want to know if I should still bother? Thanks

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 11:18 AM
AC

Dee: <BR>I've done it as late as six months after I returned with no problems. <BR>Good luck!

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Dee

Thanks AC!

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 12:36 PM
Colleen

Dee, <BR>There is a time limit, but it depends on the country. Once you receive the customs stamp, some are good only for 6 weeks, but others have no expiration date. <BR> <BR>Colleen

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 03:50 PM
Elsa

Dee, <BR> <BR>I handed in my VAT refund papers at Heathrow in Feb. 2001, and still have not received my refund. I was told I would have 6 mos. to fill in the info and return the form to "whoever" was to receive it. The time, however, may vary by country. I always pass the VAT refund form right in at the airport, so that way I don't forget about it.

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 03:32 AM
wendy

In France, if you spend more than FF 2,500 in a store, it is worthwhile for you to receive a refund of the Value-Added Tax (VAT), a 18.6% - 33% fee levied on most goods purchased. You must fill out a VAT refund form provided by the store, show the form and the goods to customs officials when you leave the country, and mail the form to the retailer. The store will then send you a refund for the VAT amount, usually within a month or two. This refund will be issued in dollars, even if the merchandise was paid for by credit card. <BR> <BR> <BR>