Search

Vasari corridor, Florence

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vasari corridor, Florence

Hi
I am planning a trip to Europe. We will be in Florence from the 10th to the 13th December. I have worked out that the Vasari corridor will be open till the 16 December.
It seems very expensive to see it as part of a tour. I gather you can go without a tour and it is then only about 15 e.
Has anyone any tips or recent experience with this?
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 11:34 PM

I don't think you can go without a tour and it is indeed very expensive (and exhausting especially if you book after a morning of sightseeing). I would not do it again even for less . There are so many paintings you feel dizzy after a while and you can't stop and enjoy the ones you like as you have to follow the guide.
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 02:20 AM

Hi

I hope that it will still be open in December. This site informs it will be closed end of October - http://en.firenze.waf.it/tour_dett/1...-corridor.html.
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 09:39 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The official museum site lists Dec. Sorry, the info is only in Italian.

http://www.uffizi.firenze.it/eventi/evento.asp?id=518
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 10:23 AM

When we did this last october, it was part of a tour.
No pictures allowed, only looking out from the windows.
It is true that there are so many portraits and you have to follow a guide, but it was definitely a highlight for me.
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM

This is what the site posted by kybourbon says when translated:

Vasari Corridor
5/10/2011 - 16/12/2011
The Superintendence for the Historical, Artistic and Ethno-anthropological and the State Museums of Florence, Florence Museum in collaboration with the organization, decided to reopen to the public - from 5 October and last until December 16 2011 - The Vasari Corridor . In particular, we will carry out 6 week courses: two on Wednesday and two on Friday at 14.00 and at 16.30, two on Thursday at 9.00 am and 11.30 am. Also in this edition will be guided visits, only in Italian , by a group of qualified assistants to watch inside the Superintendent with enthusiasm that they put at the disposal of this project, their professionalism. The groups will be subject to quota and reservations will be accepted until all places. The initiative is primarily dedicated to individual visitors and families. For this reason we will accept reservations for up to 5 people at a time that can be made ​​by calling the number 055.294883 Florence Museums . We must always remember that the Vasari Corridor is not born as a museum open to visitors, but as a private passage reserved for the Medici family and thus presents technical difficulties not easily overcome and path to open it to large numbers of people. the organization usually remains in force for groups of ten units, and inevitably higher rates than those offered in this special occasion. The total cost of the visit will be € 15.00 (€ 4.00 plus mandatory for booking tickets to the Uffizi Gallery of € 11.00) except for reductions and gratuity of Law.