Reload this Page >

Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 05:28 PM
Sally

We are going to Amsterdam April 14. Is it necessary to get reservations for the Van Gogh museum before we get there? Is there a web site to get tickets or can you get your hotel to make reservations for the museums?

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 05:48 PM
Alice

We were in Amsterdam during March 26-April 3 in 2000. We didn't buy any tickets ahead of time, don't remember there being much of a line. I don't know about tickets in advance, but if you email the tourist board, they will email you back. I'll try to find the address...

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 05:48 PM
mary

We were in Amsterdam last April for 4 days. At that time we just walked to the museum and bought our tickets on the spot. There was no need for reservations.

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 06:07 PM
Alice

You can send an inquiry on the web site: http://www2.holland.com/amsterdam/gb/

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 06:53 PM
Judy

I have visited the museum several times without purchasing ticket ahead. However,<BR>there is a big exhibition "Van Gogh and Gauguin" this year up to June 2nd. There is a list of places around the world you could purchase tickets ahead. Check:www.Vangoghgauguin.com.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:32 AM
Sjoerd

There are currently long lines for the Van Gogh Gauguin exhibition. When I went there, they told me that the best time to go (shortest lines) was at 6 PM. The museum is open until 9 PM.<BR>

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:32 AM
Leila

We returned from Amsterdam 2 days ago.<BR>The city seemed almost deserted to us.<BR>We toured the Van Gogh exhibit on Monday night and we were the only people in the museum.<BR>The restaurants all had tables to spare.<BR>Consider renting a car, as we did, and travel North or South to see windmills, villages and the countryside.<BR>We had a great time.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:21 AM
Michael

Sally,<BR>Just returned from 5 days in A'dam. Had no trouble getting in to Van Gogh or any other museum. I don't think I'd bother with reservations as they restrict what time you must arrive. Also check out the Rembrant museum; they are presenting a show of his early works and a tour of the house where he lived and worked...it was great!

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:48 PM
patg

Sally, since you are going during the popular tulip season, I think you want to get your tickets in advance. I will tell you that the Van Gogh-Gauguin exhibit was often sold out here in Chicago. It's a wonderful experience, so if your heart is set on seeing it, I'd say get the tickets in hand.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:49 PM
Caren

I too, went last year on May 5th, in "prime time" (Tulip Season). We went to the museum with no reservations. After a very short wait in line were able to get in. It was wonderful. This was on a Sunday afternoon.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 08:41 AM
kathy

We are going in April. We ordered tickets through a phone link from the vangoghgaugin website sited above. They told me that due to the popularity of that particular exhibit there would be very few tickets available each day from the museum itself. Good luck.