Reload this Page >

Valentine's Day in London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 08:09 AM
Judy

Londoners: Do you do celebate Valentine's Day there? We are flying in on Feb.14 and I know we will be jet lagged. If possible, should I make reservations for dinner there? In the states, Valentine's day is a busy restaurant day, is it a busy restaurant day there also? Thanks, Judy

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 11:44 AM
Angela

Judy <BR>Yes we do celebrate Valentines Day here on Feb 14th. You shouldn't need to make restaurant reservations though unless you are set on a particular restaurant.

Old Nov 25th, 2000, 08:29 AM
Kavey

Disagree, with the last post. <BR> <BR>I would certainly make restaurant resverations for any of the classier central london restaurants. <BR> <BR>In my experience many couples celebrate St Val's by going out for a romantic meal. <BR> <BR>You probably could still find a place to eat without a booking but not neccesarily your first choice. <BR> <BR>What time does your flight get in? <BR> <BR>I am wondering if you would have time to have an afternoon nap in the hotel before going out for dinner... <BR> <BR>There is another thread about London restaurants you could probably pull up in a search. <BR> <BR>Kavey

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 05:17 PM
Judy

Just cruising through old London posts and I thought I would post back to Kavey. We fly in very early on Vals. day. I was doing a search for restaurants and was thinking of doing Bertorellis or Christophers. I would feel better about reservations here(in Atlanta) and I could imagine it in London! So I will try to make reservations. Thanks Angela for posting back. Judy

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 07:16 AM
Kavey

Bertorelli's is nice though I have mainly dines in the less posh bit of it apart from once. There are two locations so make sure you book the one you intend. <BR> <BR>I dont know Christophers. <BR>