Uto-Stockholm archipelago

Feb 25th, 2018, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Uto-Stockholm archipelago

My partner was just invited to a conference on the island of Uto in the Stockholm Archipelago for a week in August (Monday through Friday). I'd like to join, and we would probably add in a weekend in Stockholm itself immediately after the conference. I realize Uto is fairly remote, and I'm getting conflicting information on ferries from Stockholm directly to the island vs. a fairly complicated train/bus/ferry system to the island. Does anyone have specific thoughts on transport to Uto? Also, any thoughts on activities on the island that I could do for a few lazy days during the conference, or possible daytrips from Uto? I have only been to Malmo in Sweden, so would appreciate any thoughts!
Feb 25th, 2018, 04:23 PM

The island is spelled Utö, the ö means island. There seems to be quite a lot of info on getting there from Stockholm.

You can check the tourist office website for info on local sites and things to do. Usually it is all about enjoying the nature, countryside, beaches.

Travel to Utö | Utö
Feb 25th, 2018, 07:40 PM

Ferry from and to Stockholm seems the most straightforward. A nice trip through the Archipelago as well. About 2.5 hours.

Lots to do on the island of the "lazy" variety.