Reload this Page >

Usual response time for Tuscany.net?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 04:05 AM
greg

After many hours of searching this great forum and all the websites it recommends, my wife and I finally decided on where to stay in Tuscany. We want Villa La Collina, which we found in the 'castles' section of Tuscany.net (all our other accomodations were made directly with the hotels, but this was not an option for Villa La Collina). A reservation request was put through, incl. all credit card info, via their secure server at around 23:30 ET Sat. July 21st. A follow-up email was sent to [email protected] (as provided on the website) at about 14:00 ET on Mon. July 23rd; but we still have had no response. The website says it checks e-mail three times per day. <BR> <BR>What I'm finally trying to get at is: <BR>What is the response time others on this forum have experienced when booking through Tuscany.net? I realize it is high season now and I'm sure they're very busy, but we will be in Tuscany in late October and want to confirm our accomodations asap. <BR> <BR>Thanks for your help.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 01:18 PM
Sue

I was also thinking about booking with Tuscany.net . Please let us know what is a reasonable amount of time to wait for an answer. <BR> <BR>Thank you, <BR>Sue

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 04:55 PM
nancy

I had some contact with them this past spring. <BR>I ended up booking places myself, <BR>but found that response time did take as long as one week. <BR>I would follow up with a call to them, esp. as you are going in a few months.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 06:18 PM
greg

Thanks for the reply Nancy. I would appreciate if someone can give me a phone number for Tuscany.net . <BR> <BR>Thank you, <BR> <BR>Greg

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 05:44 AM
Stefano Galastri

Hi, <BR> <BR>I'm Tuscany.Net Chairman & CEO. <BR> <BR>Regarding the time/dates you provided, I have no reservations/queries recorded for that villa from you or from anyone else. <BR> <BR>I have 4 reservations made during the period 22-25 of July along with 3 general enquiries, and the villa replied within 2.8 hours after the receival of the messages, considering the regular working hours of anyone's office in Italy: 8AM-8PM. (average of the 7 messages they got in the last 3 days) <BR> <BR> <BR>Futhermore, I have to add that we constantly monitor our properties' answers: we also (automatically, through reminders) urge them to answer if some message is in the "answer-pending" status for more than 24 hours... <BR> <BR>According to a survey me made on 2,000 users (tourists) last May, the reply time was actually one of our "competitive advantages" in front of all other portals. <BR> <BR>That's why I'm answering to you, as this is a strange case, and I'd like to take care personally of the matter. <BR> <BR>Regarding Tuscany.net's Numbers: <BR> <BR>we are Charming Escapes S.r.l. (the company who has founded, and is now managing all our charmingXXX.com websites, tuscany.net included). <BR> <BR>You can find info on our company at www.charmingescapes.com <BR> <BR>I'm at your complete disposal for any further assistance: [email protected] is my private e-mail and I'll be more than happy to assist you in your reservation. <BR> <BR>Thanks & Best regards, <BR> <BR>Stefano Galastri <BR>Tuscany.net Managing Director

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 05:50 AM
Stefano Galastri

PS: <BR> <BR>Regarding the Telephone nr: Our Phone Nr. is +39 0571 77546 but you shoulod use it for urgent matters only (not for regular enquiries). <BR> <BR>We handle 15,000 unique reservations a year and you clearly understand that we are able to handle this big volume thank to the e-mail based business model. <BR> <BR>If every guest (15,000 a year!) did call our offices, we would end up in having some 300 calls a day! <BR> <BR>Thanks for using my e-mail address instead. [email protected] will be anyway the best method to have your problems solved in a minute. Please consider that our office hours are: <BR> <BR>Mon-Fri: 9AM-8PM (Central European Time) <BR>Sat: 1PM-7PM (CET) <BR>Sun (variable) <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR> <BR>Stefano Galastri <BR>Tuscany.net