Reload this Page >

USAIR PITTSBURG TO PARIS

Search

USAIR PITTSBURG TO PARIS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 08:34 AM
HARVEY

USAIR PITTSBURG TO PARIS

How is the USAIR flight form Pittsburg to Paris? Or how can I find cheaper tickets on United or other 777 flight to Paris? The only flight to Europe I've been on was from Dulles to Paris on a United 777 and it was great. But I can't find any cheap tickets. I've tried all the sites. Any help, suggestions or comments would be much appreciated. I visited Paris this fall and plan to go back in May.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 08:55 AM
Stan Lepel

I had the same dilemna recently on a flight from NY to Paris.By chance I went to autoeurope and received a fare on A.A. for $100 less than any other fare

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 11:57 AM
Joe

Try US Airways from Philadelpha to CDG. They use a A330 Airbus. It has an entertainment system like the 777. Individual TV's in the back of the seat in front of you. They claim there is 100 hrs. of programing. Further they also say that it is "on demand". You watch what you want when you want. The seating configuration is also the same with 2 seats on each isle and 3 in the middle. Look at Lowestfare.com. 430.00 + tax. (I think it is only good until the end of March) Be sure you get the flight number that uses the A330. Check usairways.com for a description of the A330. 767's do not have the entertainment system.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 01:14 PM
Peg

I just got a round trip ticket to Paris from Atlanta for $300 plus tax (for Feb) through Priceline. I am on United, through Dulles on a 777 each way.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 01:16 PM
Joe

Sorry about that 430.00 + tax is from San Francisco to CDG. From Phily should be a whole lot cheaper.

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 01:18 PM
harrison

Has anyone flown with American since they claimed to have removed seats from coach making more room? Is there really more leg room? We're flying to Europe in Dec., and was wondering if I should expect a more comfortable flight?

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 01:36 PM
Kathryn

We just took the Pittsburgh to Paris flight 2 weeks ago on USAIRWAYS. Going over was fine--everything was on time. The plane was a 767 with the usual cramped leg room. The configuration of the plane is 2-3-2. The four of us preferred the 2 seats together, with the seats right behind each other. Be sure you don't get right in front of an exit row or in the last row of a section where the seats do not recline. If the person in front of you reclines and you can't, you're in for an even more uncomfortable ride than usual! <BR> <BR>Our trip home was delayed 6 hours, so we missed the Pittsburgh connection to home. USAIR put us up in a hotel and gave us breakfast. <BR> <BR>I think all the airlines are pretty much the same. We have lots of US AIR miles, and the price was right, so we took this flight. <BR> <BR>Kathryn