Us-Italy non-stop flights/Covid tests in Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2021, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning on going to Italy in October. This will be a reschedule of a May 2020 trip that alas never happened so have a pretty good idea of what we want to do. I am really hoping to be able to take nonstop flights.(from the East coast of the US) So far the only ones I've seen are to Rome. We can easily travel from Philadelphia, Newark or JFK. Does anyone know of non-stops to/from other cities in Italy?

And I am assuming the US requirement for a negative covid test will still be in place. We are probably finishing trip in Tuscany with maybe a last night near departing airport. Does anyone know of a resource for finding/scheduling the covid test? I'd love to hear what peoples' experience is as it is hard to imagine how it works. thanks
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 10:14 PM
mjs

You can fly from JFK or EWR to/from MXP. COVID travel regulations are changing all of the time so it is impossible to predict what October will bring. The Italian ministry of foreign affairs website would be most up to date for the Italian side of things. We used the United binax system to take our Covid antigen test in our hotel three days before returning to the US last week. Worked fine.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 04:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, this is incredibly helpful. Am looking into Milan flights.
Old Jul 17th, 2021, 07:27 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Delta has typically run some seasonal non-stop flights to Pisa (NY departures only, but not this year AFAIK) and Venice (ATL/JFK). They announced back in June they were adding JFK/Venice back starting 7/2. I'm not sure they will still run that in Oct. and some of these flights aren't daily so you need to check which days. There is also Boston/Rome. Possibly look at an open jaw JFK/VCE and FCO/JFK. I find Milan airport out of the way if you aren't going to Milan or Como areas to start. Depends on your itinerary.