Reload this Page >

US Air to London question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:57 AM
Melanie

I hope this doesn't sound like too silly a question, but..<BR><BR>My mother is 5'2". In the past travelling coach from Dallas to Pittsburgh, she has always had trouble with her legs not reaching the floor in the plane - and was very uncomfortable. We're flying to London from Philly in Envoy class -- is she going to have the same problem? We've never been in that class before, so I don't know how different the seats are.<BR><BR>I know that you can buy small collapsible footstools (Magellan's has one I think). Does anyone know if they work well?<BR><BR>Thanks! And really, this isn't a troll question.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 12:14 PM
janis

I have the same problem. (Tall people aren't very sympathetic but it can be excruciating)<BR><BR>I tried the portable footrest a couple of trips. It is heavy and weighs down your carry on. You'd think, being so heavy, it would stay in place and work OK. But they don't - just too small to really work as a footrest and just become another thing you need to hunt for under the seat.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 12:36 PM
MJ

I have always had the same problem, being only 4ft 10. I usually try to have my carry on under the seat in front of me and when enroute, after in the air, can bring it out under my feet. Otherwise yes, the legs are definitely a problem and you cannot curl up in the seats, not enough room. However would rather be too small than too large. Good luck

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 12:37 PM
Andy

IF Envoy Class is Business, then you do not need any foot stool-- the chair is like a recliner with a footrest that comes out from the foot of the chair--

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 02:04 PM
Wayne

Andy is right. And the mechanism is a full support of both legs and feet, with adjustments in reclining angle, length of legs to the footrest, and position of the foot rest, which folds up from the leg rest to support the feet at the right angle. The seats are among the best I've ever seen. So don't worry about taking a footstool or having to use your carry-on for that purpose. Envoy class is the US Airways term for business class.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 03:48 PM
CAgal

Since Melanie's mom is flying Envoy she won't need this, but I saw an inflatable footstool in a London store. Didn't buy it though and at 5'2 wish I had. I understand your pain!

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 04:09 PM
Rich

<BR><BR>L.B is short and she just puts her carryon under the seat in front of her and uses it for a footstool.<BR><BR>Rich