Reload this Page >

Urgent last minute advice needed on accommodation in Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Richard

We are going to Florence on Friday and as yet have nowhere to stay. I understand that it is very busy and gets very booked up. Does anyone have any advice about booking hotels late and on a budget, or even know of any hotels, centrally located with space? <BR>My girlfriend will be cross if she has to sleep on the streets! <BR>HELP!

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 01:11 PM
Micaela

Uh... you are going to have a major problem. I could barely find anything available for September and NOTHING budget! Maybe you should stay outside of Florence. Will you have a car?

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Nan

Hi - I stayed at the Paris hotel and I loved it. Its centrally located- but I just don't know if you will get in but try it. Its moderately priced and old and charming. Forgot the street address but you should find it on websites for florence hotels.- Good Luck!

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 01:31 PM
Micaela

Just booked the Hotel Paris in Florence. It was the last accomodation I could find for the 2nd week of September. Almost everything was COMPLETELY booked. I found it to be fairly high in price.... 450,000 lira.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 08:39 PM
Michelle

I had same problem in June - booked last minute and tried around 17 hotels before I found one (right next to Duomo - I couldn't have been more central). Hotel Benivieni only opened last October so gleamingly new and perhaps not so well knows as yet. It has 15 rooms in a 13th Century palazzo, very quiet, good breakfasts, family run. <BR> <BR>www.hotelbenivieni.it <BR>5 Via delle Oche <BR>Fax: 011 39 055 238 2133 <BR>Tel: 011 39 055 239 8248 <BR>E-mail [email protected]

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 11:40 PM
villino

I know of a very nice bed and breakfast abou five minutes from the duomo that has just opened a few months ago that has availability <BR>it is at www.charmingflorence.com/villino <BR>I don't know if you will get space for sure, but the price is 250.000 lira for a nice room with terracotta floors and wooden beams. Just wanted to let you all know as well, that September is booked up and is considered high season because of the Pitti fashion show!! <BR>