urgent help needed Dubrovnik

Oct 24th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Original Poster

urgent help needed Dubrovnik

Hello everyone. I have a friend who is travelling to Croatia tomorrow but has been ill for the last two weeks and has not managed to book a hotel in Dubrovnik for the first few days of her trip.
She would like accommodation in the old town, suitable for a woman travelling alone, up to 40 euros max a night. Can anyone help with suggestions, preferably ones that can be booked online or telephone numbers easily found?
Thank you all very much.
Oct 24th, 2006, 03:59 AM

Hi Hilary,

She could try Benussi sobe. They have two rooms that might be in your friends price range (we stayed in one of the apts which is more). I think it would be a great place for a woman travelling alone and although it's not in the old town it's a 2-3 minute walk to the Pile gate. We really loved the location.

She can email Jadranka at [email protected] and here are some web sites for pictures: http://orlando.laus.hr:9019/objekt/O...o?objekt_id=78
http://www.dubrovnik-online.com/apartments_benussi/

Jana
Oct 24th, 2006, 05:40 AM

Hi Hilary....

I stayed in at the Villa Ragusa, http://villaragusa.netfirms.com/ in Dubrovnik just a month ago. Petar the owner was great and I thought the location was terrific. I don't have the phone number with me but the website above should give you that information. When I booked my room I did it via email and Petar replied very quickly (within a day). I paid 30Euro per night for a single room with shared bath. The place was spotless! I would highly recommend.
Oct 24th, 2006, 08:03 AM

I too stayed at Villa Ragusa a couple weeks ago and agree with LowCountry's comments. I had a large double with private bath on the second floor (the whole floor) and paid 60 euro. But I did see the rooms that share a bath. They're on the third floor. Since there are two on the floor, they're about half the size of mine, but perfectly adequate. The shared bath was also large. I'm not sure both rooms were occupied at the time, so the shared bath was really a private one. Call or email Petar. He's very accomodating and speaks English well. Not only did he meet me on the street, he carried my bag up the stairs and to my room. He offered me a drink and spent about 15 minutes with me getting me oriented and giving me recommendations and maps.
Oct 24th, 2006, 08:14 AM

Glad to see I'm not the only one who can recommend Villa Ragusa. I also forgot to mention...Petar picked me up at the ferry port when I arrived in Dubrovnik (no additional fee) and took me to the airport on my day of departure for about 20 Euro, I can't seem to remember if that was the exact amount, but it wasn't much more in any event.

Petar also sat down with me and gave me maps and also a quick 20 minute tour of the area pointing out restaurants and cafes....he was terrific!
Oct 25th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Your kindness paid off. My friend got accommodation from the replies to my post (I am not sure which of the suggestions) and went to Croatia a very happy lady! She kept thanking me, but it was all down to you! Thank you so much
Hilary