Two Weeks, Tours to Nice

Search

Two Weeks, Tours to Nice

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2019, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Weeks, Tours to Nice

Next September my wife and I will be travelling from Tours to Nice. We have two weeks to make the trip, and we will rent a car in Tours. I'm thinking we would like to visit the Clermont-Ferrand area (never seen), head to Colliure (never seen), then to the Sète/Montpellier area, the Bandol/Toulon area (never seen), and finally to or near Nice (to catch a flight to Ajaccio). We've spent time in Albi, Toulouse, Carcassonne, Montpeller, St. Remy, Aix, Marseille, Cassis, and Nice/Villefranche-sur-Mer. I'm thinking 3 nights in or near C-F, 3 in or near Colliure, 2 in Montpellier (to see some friends), 3 in or near Toulon, and the last 3 in or near Nice. Is this doable? Does anyone have any specific recommendations on places to stay along this general route, including any hotels or chambres d'hôtes? Thanks.
Old Sep 27th, 2019, 12:26 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We enjoyed Collioure a lot, hope to return. Seafront, a castle, views and interesting Fauvre art history. We stayed at Hotel Casa Pairal in town. Parking was nearby.
I do like your itinerary.

Last edited by HappyTrvlr; Sep 27th, 2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old Sep 27th, 2019, 01:05 PM

Not having stayed anywhere on your list but Bandol, I highly recommend Hotel Ile Rousse. We stayed midweek so had slightly lower rates. The location was fantastic overlooking a small bay with good swimming and nice beach, and a short walk to town offered interesting shops and plenty of restaurants.
Old Sep 27th, 2019, 01:17 PM

I personally find a bit more of interest around Montpellier (in the broader sense, with day trips to Arles or Nimes/Pont du Gard) and might shift a night towards Montpellier. It depends on your interests in the area around Coulliore. I would not stay in Toulon, rather in Bandol/Sanary-Sur-Mer or Hyeres (and the Porquerolles islands). Ramatuelle and the St. Tropez are nice for a day trip, as the drive along the coast is quite nice.
Old Sep 27th, 2019, 02:34 PM

We love Collioure (note spelling). I would carve out some time to spend in Narbonne, an overlooked gem on the Langudoc-Roussilon coast.
Old Sep 29th, 2019, 05:09 AM

Do check Clermont ferrand. Been there once and didn't find anything. But I may be wrong. As said avoid Toulon not much there. Hyeres is nice and the presqu'île is beautiful.