Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Twenty Nevern Square - Has anyone been?...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 11:49 AM
MO

Someone from my office recommended this small hotel to us for our first trip to London...Has anyone stayed there and what did you think??

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 04:35 PM
MO

To the top

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 04:16 AM
maya

I've seen the hotel advertised and the web page (www.twentynevernsquare.co.uk)<BR>It looks lovely but a bit expensive.<BR><BR>I would appricate your sharing any information you find/recive about the place. <BR><BR>I am also considering staying there, if it turns out to be worth the price.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 05:11 AM
Barb

topping for MO

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 08:48 AM
Nancy

I booked this hotel for my February trip to London, on the recommendation of an acquaintance, and will post my comments when I return. I booked through www.hotels-london.co.uk for a very reasonable rate. I also saw it on www.londontown.com today. See also www.charminglondon.com and www.smallandeleganthotels.com.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Nancy

I just returned from my trip, and here's my report on Twenty Nevern Square:<BR><BR>I booked a “luxury double” at Twenty Nevern Square through www.hotels-london.co.uk for 79 GBP/night (tax and breakfast included). I liked it, but didn't love it. My room had twin beds and was very clean and comfortable. I did think the comforters needed replacing--they were stained on the underside and I could see that they had been mended extensively--and was disappointed to find no bathrobe in my room. I can’t imagine two people in this room (the side of the second bed was maybe six inches from the front of the armoire), but it was perfectly adequate for one. There was no counterspace in the bathroom, but it was all beautiful marble with an excellent shower and plenty of large towels (and a heated towel rack). The room also had an iron, a trouser press, a hairdryer, a CD player, a wide-screen TV with satellite, individually controlled heat, sensor lighting, keycard access, and a telephone.<BR><BR>There is a nice continental breakfast buffet with a selection of meats, cheeses, rolls, cereal, fruit, and yogurt. Hotel staff were pleasant. The hotel's location is convenient to the Earl's Court tube, but on a quiet square with very little traffic.<BR><BR>On Earl’s Court Road near the tube stop there are a number of small grocery stores, fast food and takeaway places, and a post office.<BR><BR>Bottom line: I was happy with the hotel considering the price I paid, but wouldn’t consider paying regular rates here.