Search

Tuscany villa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 02:35 AM
Ron

Tuscany villa

My wife and I are going to Tuscany the last 2 weeks of April and are looking for an apartment or house for one week of that period. We are just starting to look at the catalogs (Parker, Rentvillas) and were hoping someone out there can suggest an actual rental there and any specific suggestions! <BR>Thanks

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 04:34 AM
RJD

Try this e-mail address: www.riplo.it/meridian/meriding/htm. It's a Villa near Siena I've heard good things about. We plan to use it when we go to Tuscany again this fall.

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 06:05 AM
Beth

just a word of caution. I've been looking into renting a Parker villa in September or October and have already found my top 3 choices totally booked. Just make sure you have lots of options, don't get hung up on a particular one. April is probably less busy than the fall, but don't delay making your reservation.

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 08:53 AM
Sally

In November we stayed at the Podere Villuza ,a villa in the middle of a vineyard two km from San Gimignano.It is listed in Karen Brown's Italian Bed and Breakfasts.It was very nice. You can rent a room (130,00 L a day) or apartment for a day or a week.The owner will also serve dinner, along with wonderful wines from their vineyard.The villa has a beautiful view of the hills and the distant towers of San Gimiganano.

Old Jan 25th, 1999, 12:14 AM
Denise

We stayed in a villa/apartment between Poggibonsi and Castellina in Chianti. One bedroom with bathroom kitche/dining and living rooms. It was in a beautiful hamlet on the top of a ridge overlooking vineyards and valleys towards Siena. Wonderful spot giving easy access to alll villages Florence Siena etc. I heard today that it is booked out for October this year already, but worth trying for April. I can give you my agents fax # if you wish. Denise <BR>

Old Jan 30th, 1999, 12:23 PM
Elizabeth

We stayed near Cortona last May in a very private villa called "Tre Cipressi" which can be seen at www.awts.com/tuscany. It was reasonably priced ($500US/week) and had a beautiful private location....the only drawback is a steep drive into the villa which can only be accommodated with a small car (i.e. Volkswagon Golf, etc) There are other properties on the web site, including the "Under the Tuscan Sun" house - it's called La Certosa. Please e-mail me directly if you want more information.