Reload this Page >

Tuscany/Venice villa rental

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 09:51 AM
illeana

Can anyone recommend a reliable rental agency for renting a house one month (out of season) in Tuscany or Venice? I am trying to establish a data base of info (for myself), and have heard lots of horror stories. Are there any other venues than real estate agent?

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 10:11 AM
elvira

Hideaways International has an excellent reputation; several years ago I used them to rent a house in southern France. <BR>We rented from http://www.wwnest.com/italy/index.htm <BR>in Greece, and were more than pleased with the result (the property and owners were even better than described). <BR>I'm anxious to see other responses; the Travelling Loons will be in Italy next fall (2000) for two weeks, and I'm always looking for new resources...

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 11:06 AM
Beth

There are dozens of websites of reputable folks. I'm using The Parker Company based here in Massachusetts. Their site is: <BR>www.theparkercompany.com <BR>I haven't taken the trip yet, but they came highly recommended by a number of sources and have been pleasant to deal with.

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 11:58 PM
Denise

Illeana - try www.italianvillas.com <BR> <BR>http://awts.com/tuscany <BR> <BR>www.itwg.com <BR> <BR>www.terraditoscana.com <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 11:59 PM
Denise

Sorry, Illeana, meant to ask, have you tried a travel agent. We booked ours thru our agent last year, and it was so much cheaper than on the net. Denise <BR>

Old Jun 11th, 1999, 05:42 AM
Anna

<BR>Elvira, <BR>what are the Travelling Loons? <BR>thanks

Old Jun 11th, 1999, 09:19 AM
elvira

The Travelling Loons are the 6 women who travel together (it comes from Search of the Holy Grail line "I am INVINCIBLE"... <BR>"You're a loony") that make ME do all the planning. And, yes, we believe we are invincible...