Reload this Page >

Tuscany in Oct. - pool or no pool?!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2000, 05:12 AM
Zoe

I am planning a week's villa holiday in Tuscany in October and am wondering if it's worth choosing a property with a swimming pool. Is the weather hot enough in October? And are the pools warm? <BR> <BR>I'd appreciate any advice! <BR> <BR>thanks <BR>

Old Apr 6th, 2000, 09:19 AM
cynthia

I have twice rented houses in Tuscany both in September. Both had pools but were not heated and it was too cold to swim. We sat around the pools and enjoyed the sun but it never was hot enough to dive in. I imagine that October will be even colder.

Old Apr 6th, 2000, 01:30 PM
Paul

Oh, much colder! We've rented twice in late Sept-early Oct, and both times, the pool was closed for the year. Don't worry about a pool this time of year!

Old Apr 7th, 2000, 08:23 AM
Rex

Even if the weather were conducive, you can be about 99% sure that the owner or caretaker will have closed the pool for the winter. A pool takes maintenance, you know, and it's not worth doing after about the first week of September or so. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex

Old Apr 7th, 2000, 09:08 AM
howard

If you're not convinced yet, I'll add one more assurance that you will definitely not need/use a pool in Tuscany in October!