Reload this Page >

Tuscany Hotels....Help needed.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Jack

Hello fine people,<BR>I am going to Florence (four nights) and Lucca (four nights)in about a week's time but haven't, as yet, finalised all the accommodation. <BR>Florence- I have booked the Hotel Montebello Splendid but am unsure about it as I have read only a handful of customer reviews and none were very specific. <BR>Lucca- I have the option of Hotel Rex, San Marco or Hotel (Albergo) Celide. All have relevant availablity (there are three of us-Hotel Rex has a triple room, the other two have a twin and a single); my heart says the Hotel Celide because its nearer the city walls than San Marco, and seems, from the very few pictures on the website, to have more character than the Rex. <BR>If anyone has stayed at the Montebello or the Celide (or even Hotel Rex or San Marco), I would most appreciate some help. <BR>I'll repay you... do you like doughnuts? We could have doughnuts together....or bratwurst. It'll be nice. Just like old times. I'll give you anything. Just help me etc..

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 02:46 AM
Julie

Topping in hope that someone can answer this man's rather specific question. Some posters on this site get testy about vague requests. This guy has a very specific question and it sure seems like someone here ought to be able to respond.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 03:07 AM
Denise

Jack or anyone.<BR>Do you know if the Hotel Montebello Splendid is the same as the old "Splendid". I know the Splendid had been bought and re-done, but have never been able to find out the new name. It was always on Karen Brown's list. Do you know the location?. If it's the same, I stayed there with my family 3 years ago and loved it then. So if anyone knows, then I will give more info to Jack.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Denise

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 03:19 AM
Denise

Sorry Jack, not the same hotel. I checked the website. Can't help you out, but hopefully someone will.<BR><BR>Denise

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Jack

Thank you for your help Julie and Denise. Or J and D as I shall now refer to you. You've been like sisters to me. Hopefully someone will be able to help at some point...on some day...somewhere.<BR>