Tuscany

Old Nov 5th, 1999, 06:06 AM
shelley

Tuscany

I would like to travel in Italy at the beginning of January can anyone tell me if Tuscany is still beautiful at this time, wee will also be visiting Rome and Venice. Should I postpone my trip to a later date, or aviod the crowds in January.

Signed blc

Old Nov 5th, 1999, 06:51 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Shelley, Like any good farming region
the hues of green and amber give way to
gray and tan. It is not the same but
still take your camera for the winter
scenes. I am reminded of the Piedmont
region of Virginia and Carolina at the
same time--also similiar temps.

Old Nov 6th, 1999, 02:26 PM
maureen

we just returned from Tuscany so I can only speak for now, but even though it was not green or yellow, it was beautiful, but I would like to go back and see it when the wheat and grape vines, sunflowers etc are blooming, but we were overwhelmed with the beauty of the area. Also it was raining, and if it rains alot in January, I'm not sure I would want to be there. We had to short a few things because of the rain.

Old Nov 13th, 1999, 01:19 AM
Paolo

I live in Tuscany, between Florence and Pisa. about 20 miles from the tirrenian sea.
Wintertime here is cool and dry, but the temp. is never below 0° Celsius so it never freeze! Of course upon the appennini mountains it snows and we often go skiing, but along the coast and for the §15 miles inland stream the weather is warmer.Landscapes and environment are so great, the food is deliciously appetizing and the people is so relaxed without the big crowd.
If I had to come to tuscany,I'd come between march and june or bet. Sept to late nov.
Enjoy.
Paolo

Old Nov 13th, 1999, 06:00 PM
Dayle

Paulo, I'm also planning a trip including about 4 days in Tuscany. Would April or May be better? I'm concerned about Jubilee crowds and I know Easter is in late April, 2000. What would you recommend?