Reload this Page >

Tuscan Villa Recommendation?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 01:40 PM
John

My wife and I wish to return to Tuscany this year, and rent a villa for 10-14 days. Can anyone recommend a particular house or company? (We are taking our young daughter -- now 15 months -- if that changes your recommendation.) Many thanks!

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 03:01 PM
Wendy

There is a discussion going for Tuscan farmhouses/villas...great suggestions and websites....scroll up this page today for those replies. <BR>Buon Viaggo! <BR>Wendy

Old Jan 24th, 2001, 03:12 PM
Berta

Wendy - I was unable to find the discussion of renting villas you refer to. I also unsuccessfully posted a message here last night, and suddenly today is has vanished!?

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 07:24 AM
sally

John: www.italiareservations.com has 3 <BR>houses in particular (AltaBella houses) that look fabulous; one is small and might accomodate you 3 nicely. Never stayed there as they were booked when I tried. I have also seen Parker Company listed as having great rentals. Perhaps others will add their favorites now that this is going to the top. Good luck!

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 04:39 AM
wendy

Berta- <BR> <BR>I KNOW! I posted massive info. for someone on a trip to France and it vanished. Too long I suppose. <BR> <BR>Thanks for e-mailing me directly!

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 04:59 AM
Herma

Try www.agriturismo.com for apartments on farms to let. Good luck <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 06:49 AM
Joe

I have used Tuscany Now at tuscanynow.com. Very comprehensive site, pictures, prices, locations, etc. They are are very good to work with and will send you a catalogue of villas and farmhouses if you ask.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 07:09 AM
Thomas

Try www.hotelapartments.com Ask for Marybeth.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 07:28 AM
elizabeth

We'd recommend a company called Classic Tuscan Villas <BR>(http://www.awts.com/tuscany/). Rupert (ex-pat Brit) and his wife Donatella were terrific - and while they don't have hundreds of houses, they have 2 dozen or so lovely villas in and around the Cortona area. (which means you're dealing with them, not a local "agent" for a larger company - they're very accessible and actually were a great help to us when we needed a fax machine - sigh! - to connect with a client!) <BR> <BR>There was a previous mention of the Parker Company. They have some beautiful properties but over the years I've found their prices to be approximately 25% higher than other villa rental organizations (comparing the identical property) so if you find a property on their web site it's advisable to do some research to find out if someone else also represents the property. <BR> <BR>Have fun!