Turkey 30 day visa / Schengen

Old Aug 18th, 2020, 04:23 PM
Original Poster
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turkey 30 day visa / Schengen

Hi Travellers,

I need some advice in a pickle. The Green Mamba South African Passport, US B1/B2 Visa also valid Shengen visa ( which has not been used yet issued by Spain )

I am flying from Miami getting to Antalya, Turkey, I have the 180 days validity 30 day stay evisa for Turkey.

I am planning on staying for longer then 30 days. What should I do after 30 days ?

a) Is it possible to apply for a temporary residency permit based on Tourism ?

b) Can I enter Greece example via ferry on a day trip with my Schengen visa however I have not entered the EU via the country that issued the Schengen visa / Spain as its a new visa?

c) If B is not possible going to Macedonia as they allow RSA passports with a US visa for a stay up to 15 days, do I need to re apply for a Turkish EVisa or can I just reenter with the same visa

I look forward to your replies !
tiaanmalan7802 is offline  
Old Aug 19th, 2020, 12:02 AM
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 8,214
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even though you may already have a Schengen visa that won’t guarantee you entry to Greece or other Schengen countries during the Covid pandemic. Currently exterior borders of the EU/Schengen are closed to travel from all but a few countries, and I know ferries between Turkey and the Greek Islands aren’t running at the moment.
No idea what the visa requirements of North Macedonia for RSA passport holders are, or what it would take to get a resident’s visa in Turkey. Suggest you get expert advice before undergoing this trip. Having a South African son-in-law, I know that international travel to RSA is closed at the moment. You could end up stuck in Turkey with an expired visa waiting for a repatriation flight to South Africa.
Heimdall is online now  
Old Aug 20th, 2020, 04:41 AM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 380
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You'll need a residence permit if you want to stay longer than the visa allows. It appears you can get short-term residency based on tourism:

Perhaps even an e-permit - https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/

I guess you'll need to read those websites, I have no idea how it's done.
Croesus is offline  
Related Topics
Original Poster
Last Post
Dec 10th, 2019 12:17 AM
May 2nd, 2015 03:37 AM
Jul 1st, 2013 05:35 AM
May 17th, 2012 12:41 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:40 AM.