Turkey 30 day visa / Schengen

Old Aug 18th, 2020, 04:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turkey 30 day visa / Schengen

Hi Travellers,

I need some advice in a pickle. The Green Mamba South African Passport, US B1/B2 Visa also valid Shengen visa ( which has not been used yet issued by Spain )

I am flying from Miami getting to Antalya, Turkey, I have the 180 days validity 30 day stay evisa for Turkey.

I am planning on staying for longer then 30 days. What should I do after 30 days ?

a) Is it possible to apply for a temporary residency permit based on Tourism ?

b) Can I enter Greece example via ferry on a day trip with my Schengen visa however I have not entered the EU via the country that issued the Schengen visa / Spain as its a new visa?

c) If B is not possible going to Macedonia as they allow RSA passports with a US visa for a stay up to 15 days, do I need to re apply for a Turkish EVisa or can I just reenter with the same visa

I look forward to your replies !
Old Aug 19th, 2020, 12:02 AM

Even though you may already have a Schengen visa that won’t guarantee you entry to Greece or other Schengen countries during the Covid pandemic. Currently exterior borders of the EU/Schengen are closed to travel from all but a few countries, and I know ferries between Turkey and the Greek Islands aren’t running at the moment.
https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-...us-pandemic_en
No idea what the visa requirements of North Macedonia for RSA passport holders are, or what it would take to get a resident’s visa in Turkey. Suggest you get expert advice before undergoing this trip. Having a South African son-in-law, I know that international travel to RSA is closed at the moment. You could end up stuck in Turkey with an expired visa waiting for a repatriation flight to South Africa.
Old Aug 20th, 2020, 04:41 AM

You'll need a residence permit if you want to stay longer than the visa allows. It appears you can get short-term residency based on tourism:
https://en.goc.gov.tr/residence-permit-types

Perhaps even an e-permit - https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/

I guess you'll need to read those websites, I have no idea how it's done.