Reload this Page >

Trying to do it all

Search

Trying to do it all

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Matt

Trying to do it all

For our honeymoon, my wife (soon to be) and I are headed to Italy for three weeks (May-June). Ideally we want to start with something laid back--four or five days on the beach would serve nicely to decompress after the wedding. What beaches are recommended? Then we want to travel inland and see Tuscany, Rome...as much as possible. Given the time frame and time of year, does anyone have any suggestions?

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 08:09 PM
Holly

Why not start with Venice - stay at a hotel near the beach on Lido?

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Rex

I think you'll want to get well south if you want to start with beach time. Amalfi? Capri?<BR><BR>Or maybe even start with a few days in Spain; I never hear all that much great about any beaches in Italy (though it might be a different story on the Adriatic - - cetainly a lot built over there, from pictures I've seen - - must be some reason a lot of people like it there).<BR><BR>I wouldn't suggest Spain were it not for the fact that you can actually fly quite cheaply from Barcelona to Venice. www.europebyair.com - - $99.<BR><BR>Or, as Holly suggested, you could start with Venice - - there is the beach on Lido. I just don't think it's "Florida warm" there, in May - - not even May 31.<BR><BR>Don't try to cram TOO much into this trip.<BR><BR>And congratulations on your new life in marriage together.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 12:52 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Matt, Where do you arrive? The Med is not warm in late May--I would start in the Italy lakes or Venice Lido.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 12:04 PM

topping for Matt...<BR>

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Thyra

The single best piece of advice I have for honeymoon travel is be sure to NOT book your flight for early morning the day after your wedding, ideally you should not book it for the day after your wedding at all. Take a day to rest and save up energy for the adventure of travel. <BR>I wish you a wonderful wedding and trip.