Trouble phoning for tickets to uffizi

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 07:45 AM
lisa peretz

Trouble phoning for tickets to uffizi

I have the right number to the Firenze Musei (011 39 055 294 883) because my calls are getting through, but I automatically get put on hold for about forever!!! and I don't wait more than about 8 minutes. Is is just me calling at every bad time or is anyone else having trouble?

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 08:36 AM
Joelle

Lisa, Trying to get a hold of an "administration" in Italy is something called "Mission impossible", so my Italian friends say...
What I would suggest is that you send a fax or an e-mail to the hotel you have reserved in Florence and they will take care for you of the tickets issue. They may charge a small fee for this, but it will save you a lot of time!

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 09:56 AM
Steve the Guide

Try this number: +055 2654321. Ciao

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 11:40 AM
lisa peretz

Hey "Steve the Guide", I have to change the time I already got from the first number. Is the number you suggested part of that system, because I have a confirmation number already?

Also, on Sundays, what time does the Galleria dell Academia open?

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 08:17 AM
lisa peretz

HAAAAAAAAAAA. What a joke. I picked up the phone this morning to try again from hoem right before leaving for the office and they just picked right up in one second, answered all my questions, and voila, I have a reservation at the Uffizi and at the Academia. Go Figure.

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 09:32 PM
diane

Reading your posts... You can make reservations by looking at initaly.com
and then going to museums and then to Uffizi. There is also a virtual tour.
Its a great site...
Diane