Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

trogir from hvar town for a day-trip. any ideas how to do it? is there a water taxi from spli to trogir?

Search

trogir from hvar town for a day-trip. any ideas how to do it? is there a water taxi from spli to trogir?

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2006, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can take a fast cat to split, then what? i wonder if public buses go from ferry dock in split to trogir on a regular basis? or,is trogir close enough to split to grab a taxi? the best w/b a fast cat from hvar to trogir, or possibly a water taxi from split to trogir.....
Old May 21st, 2006, 12:58 PM

I don't know about a water taxi from Split to Trogir. Have you checked the Jadrolinja website?

As I recall, the bus terminal is just across the street from the ferry landing. There was a taxi stand at the corner of the ferry docks but we had a car, so can't give you any information about cost.
Old May 21st, 2006, 05:33 PM

take the bus or a taxi (very expensive) - much quicker - trogir is like 1/2 hour from split, water taxi would be much longer.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 03:22 PM

Hi
Hi
Regarding "water-taxis", i think (but not 100% sure) that there is indeed a service that goes from Slatine on the island of Ciovo (next to Trogir) to Split....No idea of how regular they might be though...
Otherwise, you have to take the #37 bus; from Split, you can take it from the station by the "Domovinskog rata", a big street above the Old Town. It's the last stop and the bus has a regular service to Trogir (every 20-30mns and it takes about 40mns depending on traffic)
Taxis are very expensive indeed
Hope this helps?
Kastelsegnic
www.kastelsegnic.info
Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:10 PM
Original Poster

thank you all! may be too much of a hassle. probably 2 hours each way. think trogir is worth it? we've seen "so-so" to "magical"........
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:59 AM

trogir is only 3 km. from the airport of split. you aren't arrivng there by chance? might be interesting to turn the visit around to when you are already on the mainland.

you can go on a cruise to many different places. this might also be a wonderful way , on a sailboat, to enjoy a day at sea, and see a village or two.
look under boat charters, day trips at the .hr websites.
Old May 30th, 2006, 07:40 AM

hi.. Trogir is definitely worth it! It is a short busride from Split.. when you get off the bus at trogir.. you are THERE. i don't know if magical is the word.. but we enjoyed it a lot --good shops and great ice cream.. and very lively at night. (we actually stayed in a Sobe right above the shops - will do a trip report soon)