Am traveling to Vienna from India during the last week of September. Have September 30th - Oct 3 to do some sight seeing. Was thinking of going to Regensburg by train on the 29th, overnight stay with a friend and visit the Oktoberfest at Munich the next day (Sep 30) .
From here I am a bit confused about whether to travel to Garmisch and then to Innsbruck and back to Vienna (all trains) for my flight home on 3rd or to visit other parts of germany like frankfurt/ stuttgart or fly to italy (rome/milan) or travel to interlaken in Switzerland by train?
I know that I have put up too many options but I thought that you might be the best people to answer this question. Which would be ideal for a 3.5 day vacation? New suggestions are also welcome.
And what is the best way to travel around Europe: the train or buses? I will be using public transportation. Not planning to rent a car. How do I book rail tickets? When I google, I get too many options for rail tickets....
It would be great if somebody gives me some clarity.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 2 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 3 Current plan for March trip
- 4 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 5 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 6 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 7 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 8 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 9 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 10 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 11 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 12 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 13 beware of robbed in Milan
- 14 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 17 First time in Spain
- 18 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 19 Once upon a time in Italy
- 20 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Paris November 2017
- 23 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 25 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help