Trip to Ireland from Indiana

Jan 5th, 1998, 01:36 PM
Susan Landrigan

Trip to Ireland from Indiana

We hope to take a ten day trip to Ireland mostly to see the countryside. Any information about air specials etc would be appreciated.

Jan 22nd, 1998, 02:49 AM
Tim Walshe

Hi,
Your choice of hubs would be Chicago or Atlanta.
Aer Lingus and Delta respectively. Though this somewhat limits your choice, they both do a good service. regards, Tim.

Jan 22nd, 1998, 05:43 AM
Tia

I have good luck with CIE Tours - they have an 800 # are Ireland experts and you might compare their price to an airline quote. Have a wonderful time.

Jan 25th, 1998, 09:06 PM
Tricia

I have lots of great websites for you, some recommended by the L.A. Times and Conde'Nast Travel Magazine. If you want to use the internet to find a ticket consolidator (and a lot of these are in the Sunday paper travel section and/or phone books as well) try www.1travel.com or www.farebusters.com or www.discountair.com. If they find you a good deal say on United Airlines, you can always call the airlines and confirm that they do indeed sell tickets to that particular consolidator. 25%25 of travelers are now using the internet for planning their vacations. That amounts to millions of people so the internet is the place for the consolidators to be! Good luck!

Jan 26th, 1998, 06:28 PM
JOAN DOYLE

Dear Susan: The cheapet fares to Ireland (OR to England are from RIGHT NOW to the end of February. A call to Delta probably would be your best bet--you could fly right out of Chicago (tho' you probably will still have to use one of their hubs in Cincinnati--my choice--or Atlanta). Do not expect a COMFORTABLE flight unless you're flyinf 1st class (in which case you'd not be asking about fare bargains anyway). I second the suggestion of the first poster about using CIE Tours while you're there (unless you really love to drive on narrow, twisting two-lane roads which allow only the passenger to see anything). For that reason I'd suggest a CIE tour for the first visit. It's a lovely country though (be prepared for a good bit of rain except in high summer) with some of the dearest people you'll ever meet. Have a good trip. Joan