Trip report from Lisbon

Jan 1st, 2012, 01:29 AM
Original Poster

Trip report from Lisbon

Hi everyone and happy new year!

My wife and I went to Lisbon in May 2011 and I have finally posted my trip report on http://gardkarlsen.com/Lisbon_Portugal_trip_report.htm . As you will see it includes photos, links, videos etc. I have also made this interactive google map: http://gardkarlsen.com/Lisbon_Google_map.htm . It shows were some of the attractions are located and also the restaurants that we went to - you can click on the markers to get more info. I hope that this trip report can be of use to others traveling to Lisbon - get in touch if you have any questions or comments

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Jan 1st, 2012, 01:57 AM

Super nce pics Gard Brings back fond memoroes.
Thanks for posting and great web site you truly
do get around.
Jan 1st, 2012, 04:57 AM

Gard, I enjoyed so much reading your detailed report! In the last year you wrote many reports and always it was a pleasure for me to read and to learn from them.
I really appreciate the work and the time you spend to write so informative reports.

Thank you very much.
Wishing you a lot of trips in 2012!
Jan 1st, 2012, 05:04 AM

Gard. Thank you so much for your trip report. We always enjoy Lisbon. I realize that this city is not without some problems but I am always happy to return.
I am glad you liked your stay.
Very nice pictures that bring back lots of memories.
Jan 1st, 2012, 08:32 AM

"Every time I would point at something to ask what it was, she interpreted this as “I want one of these”."

Sounds like a plan.

I enjoyed reading about your trip to Lisbon, thanks for sharing.
Jan 1st, 2012, 10:58 AM

I always enjoy reading your detailed reports with the great pics. I was in Lisbon, Portugal about 3 years ago so I relived some of the places where you visited. Like you I found people poorer there than some of the other European cities I have visited. I did not have anyone approach us about drugs,but I did notice some places that were very questionable about the activities going on. It is an interesting city especially for those of us who are familiar with the early explorers who set off from the Lisbon harbor. When I taught 5th grade that was something we taught -the early explorers. I found the Alfama area very interesting as it is the older area. I would also recommend it to be an interesting city to visit.
Jan 1st, 2012, 04:44 PM

Very nice report. You made a very good usage of your time for such a small amount of time. I was lucky enough for never watching a pickpocket but as Miguel Cervantes said in Don Quixote about the witches "Yo no creo em brujas, pero que las hay, las hay"
Jan 1st, 2012, 04:49 PM

We did experience a pick pocket on one of those old crowded trams. It was something you read about but never think you will see up close.
Luckily we try to be very smart about our money and possessions and we can away with no loss of property.
Nikki. That is exactly my reaction and my problem when I was there. Eating pastry and not what we would consider breakfast food here in the US seemed so normal. I guess walking up those hills helps!
Jan 2nd, 2012, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the kind feedback - glad to hear that you guys enjoyed it ;-)

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Jan 6th, 2012, 06:33 AM

Thanks for the great trip report and the lovely photos.

We were in Lisbon four years ago and my husband was simply pestered with people offering him drugs. "Do I look like some kind of a pothead?" he asked me after the umpteenth, and very firm NO! We returned in October and no-one bothered him at all - much to his disappointment. "I must be getting old" was his comment!