Notices

Trip report

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Experienced

Trip report

...and what a fun-filled, glorious trip it was!

After the typical morning shower and shave I hopped in my trusty motorcar for the 1 mile trip to Mickey D's. Buckled up, turned the car radio to my favorite all-news station and away I went! I drove considerably faster than the 25 MPH speed limit but I so wanted to make that green light at the corner. But damn, it turned red right before I got there! I made the right turn, went down the hill,made another right and there it was! Turned into the parking lot and drove around the back to the drive through. "Good morning. Welcome to McDonalds. May I take your order please?" said the lovely young lady, to which I replied, "Good morning. I'll have a Big Mac, large fries and a Diet Coke." "That comes to $4.32," said she. "Drive around." She turned out to be every bit as lovely as her voice indicated. I handed her a crisp $5 bill and she gave me back the correct change. She smiled and said, "Thank you" and I returned the smile.

Totally engrossed in the sweet odor of a freshly cooked Big Mac I apparently did not see the large SUV that was speeding in the right lane when I pulled out onto the highway. While I regret making him slam on his brakes, squeal the tires and swerve the car, I feel his opening the window, showing me his middle finger and calling me a crass term synonymous with a female body part was totally uncalled for.

Unruffled, I returned home via a different route and settled back in my sofa, eagerly awaiting "The Price Is Right", while savoring my delicious late morning snack.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Have you had a break today?

A Big Mac in the morning ... DON'T THINK SO ... why not an Egg McMuffin or a Sausage McMuffin or flapjacks? Lucky for you that you didn't order McD's hot coffee and hold it between your legs while you were involved in that minor skirmish with the SUV. Can you say FIRST DEGREE BURNS and LAWSUIT?

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 01:48 PM
dee

Fodors censor: please feel free to zap this one on the grounds of being profoundly unfunny. Get the 'snow' one too while you're at it.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 03:16 PM
not

I think for some reason that this is funnier on the US forum.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 03:43 PM
ruexperienced

What I want to know is, what would you recommment I wear to McDonalds. I'm planning a trip to McDonalds soon for dinner, and have been told I should not wear a coctail dress (and yes, I'm female, so don't go there). Would jeans and sneakers be okay? Or should I wear black?

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 03:45 PM
ruexperienced

Oops! I'm worried about the Fodors grammar and spelling police....actually, the typo police, in this case. That would be recommend, and not recomment. Excusez-moi!

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 03:47 PM
x

Dee, I actually think it IS kinda funny. A satirical look at some trip reports. You have to admit, some people do go overboard, starting out with who was sitting next to them on the Supershuttle to the airport. I for one got a kick out of it.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 03:55 PM
confused

Did you have to make reservations or did you just take your chances?
Is the tip included in the bill?
Thank you.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Julie

Who ever said that 'travel' had to be any further than the nearest McDonalds anyway?

I think the point of this post was/is to tell us that no one except ourselves care or want to read about the colour of underwear we were wearing on July 10, 1998 while we were traipsing around San Marco Square - for example.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:11 PM
ddd

Dee- Please feel free to MYOB.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:44 PM
dee

I'd have to BYOB to find any humour here.

Please resume with your knee-slapping and guffawing.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:47 PM
travelingal

DEE - what exactly does BYOB mean except 'bring your own booze'

just curious...

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:55 PM
xxx

Figures- Dee's an AOL lamer.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 05:31 PM
ruexperienced

Alas, in the US you can't BYOB to McDonalds. From Dee's spelling of humor, though, I suspect she is from across the pond. I will share a pint with you at McDonalds, if it will make this humour more palatable to you! (If you will pay for my trip, of course! Otherwise, I hit the McDonalds just down the street!)

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 06:01 PM
REX

I have had many experiences in Big Mac country and am planning a Fodorite excursion and tour of all McDonalds in Western Europe in the fall. Please contact me if you are interested.

Dr. Rex Snickers
Westerville, OH

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 06:32 PM
travelin

McD's is excellent when travelling to stop and use the loo, to buy a soda,and continue a long drive.
And if it is in another country,you get to practice your French/English/whatever-Un Big Mac sil vous plait~Merci..

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 06:53 PM
benhay

Confused:

Don't bother us with your question about reservations or tipping, stupid. Email McDonalds and ask, or search the internet. This is a travel board, not an information outlet!

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 07:06 PM
robyn

Very funny and well written. I give it two fodors pins.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 07:26 PM
hungry

Rex,
Are meals included on your tour, or are they extra?
Thanks.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Worried

Experienced:
Do they take travelers checks?
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information