Reload this Page >

TRIER Germany-Where to stay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 1998, 05:10 PM
Rudy

I would appreciate any input concerning accommodations here in Trier I spent alot of time there when I was young, and now I would like to take my family. I do not like the Hotel Porta Nigra. Thanks

Old Apr 18th, 1998, 03:02 PM
David Remley

We spent 3 days in Trier and stayed at Hotel Paulin which was only about 1 block out of the main gate (porta nigra?) and were very pleased with the accomodations, the food and the staff. There was also adequate parking for our car. It was a great town and we hope to go back some day.

Old Apr 19th, 1998, 07:30 PM
KRISRICH

You may want to try a hotel called Astoria. Unfortunately, I cannot find the address in my pile of receipts. The room was very small, but it was extremely clean and reasonably-priced. The hotel staff was very pleasant and I enjoyed the breakfast. Parking was not very convenient, but if you are lucky, you can find a spot on the street in front. We did and were able to park there all night without a problem. Once we were checked in, we were able to walk to all the sites. Trier was a lovely city! I hope your family enjoys it!