Reload this Page >

Trick to Faxing?

Search

Trick to Faxing?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 11:17 AM
Rebecca

Trick to Faxing?

I've been trying to fax to a hotel in Zagreb. It's not going through. Is there a trick to faxing abroad? I haven't done it before and would appreciate any tips. Thanks

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 11:36 AM
Ed

No tricks. Just need the right numbers. <BR> <BR>Usually you dial iii-cc-ac-nnx-pppp -where iii is your international access code, usually 011, <BR>-cc is the country code, <BR>-ac is the area code (usually called city code in Europe ... runs from 1 to 4 digits) ... if preceded by a zero, drop the zero when calling from outside the destination country <BR>-nnx is the exchange, and <BR>-pppp is the "number" ... nnx-pppp may run anwhere from 3 to 8 digits in length. <BR> <BR>twenj

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 10:30 AM
Rebecca

Thanks for responding. But I'm still not sure. From the U.S., does anyone know if I start with 011385? Thanks.

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 10:44 AM
Rex

Yes, Rebecca... <BR> <BR>011 for international access <BR>385 is the country code for Croatia <BR>1 is the city code for Zagreb <BR> <BR>reference: http://www.the-acr.com/codes/cntrycd.htm <BR> <BR>Then, the telephone numner might well be seven digits. for example, the telephone number for Hotel Inter-Continental Zagreb is 48 92 000. In some countries, the fax number will have more digits than the regular telephone number, but for the hotel listed above this is not true. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 10:51 AM
xxx

Also check the instructions for your particular fax machine. There may be some preliminary steps required for overseas fax. They're all different....